PaymentWorks Vendor Portal
Dartmouth College has partnered with PaymentWorks to handle the collection, validation, and management of all vendor information. PaymentWorks is a cloud-based software that is both easy and free to use. Vendors will receive an invitation to register and will be able to enter all of their information safely and securely.
Additional benefits and details are outlined in our frequently asked questions provided below.
You can find more information about PaymentWorks on their website: https://www.paymentworks.com/faq/payees/
PaymentWorks FAQ for Vendors
Overview & Benefits of Use:
- What is the new PaymentWorks Vendor Portal?
- What are the benefits of using PaymentWorks?
- What payment methods will I be able to choose from in the system?
- I already have contracted terms with Dartmouth, will those still be honored?
- I am a Diverse Supplier. Will PaymentWorks capture that information?
- How am I able to update my contact or banking information?
- How does PaymentWorks validate banking information? Will I be contacted?
- What address should I use on my insurance certificate(s)?
- I am a foreign supplier, can I enroll through PaymentWorks?
- When are W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E forms required?
- How do I enter my 501(c)(3) status?
- Can I check on my invoice and payment status through PaymentWorks?
Registration Challenges & Questions:
- Can I have someone at Dartmouth fill out the online registration form on my behalf?
- I am already registered in PaymentWorks under another school/organization. How to I connect my account?
- I am a foreign vendor without a SSN or TIN, how can I complete my registration without these required fields?
- I am having trouble loading my W9, what should I do?
- How do I transfer or change the email account my registration is connected to?
- I do not have the technical capacity to fill out the online registration. What should I do?
- What if I have additional technical questions regarding PaymentWorks?
PaymentWorks is Dartmouth College’s new cloud‐based vendor onboarding solution.
Vendors will now have a streamlined process for managing their profile and contact information, securely entering and updating their banking information, selecting their preferred payment method, viewing their payment status and history, and updating important documents for tax, insurance, and various certificates.
There are four payment methods, all with different terms:
- Single Use Account (SUA) – Pay upon receipt
- Electronic ACH – Net 45
- Paper check – Net 90
- Wires (for international suppliers only
SUA = A SUA (Single Use Account) is a payment method that acts similar to a credit card, with associated merchant fees.
ACH = An ACH payment is a type of electronic bank-to-bank payment, similar to direct deposit. Only available for those with US banks.
Yes, during the registration process please answer “Yes” to the question that asks this specifically. A member of our Procurement team will be in touch to review and discuss the existing terms.
Yes, you will be able to identify yourself as a diverse supplier through the vendor registration and upload your diverse certification.
Vendors can access and update their own information within the PaymentWorks portal.
PaymentWorks uses various methods and industry-leading software to validate vendor's banking information. In some occurrences they will still need to speak with someone listed on the account and yes, you may receive a phone call to confirm your details.
Yes, all suppliers can enroll through PaymentWorks. The custom forms will change to accommodate the supplier depending on the vendor type and how the questions are answered. Wires will be the only payment method available for those with foreign bank accounts. A domestic (US) bank account will be required in order to sign up for ACH payments.
If your country does not have a SSN or TIN to enter in the required field, please access the Help Center and contact Support in order to obtain a placeholder ID to use for your registration
These Certificate of Foreign Status forms are only required if the vendor is performing work inside the United States. If the work is performed outside of the United States, these are not required.
During registration when you are selecting the tax classification please select "Other" and then manually enter "501(c)(3)".
Yes, once enrolled, you will have the ability to view invoice/payment details in PaymentWorks.
On the home page when you first enter PaymentWorks, click on the “Invoice” tab from the top menu bar. You should then see a list of your invoices with Dartmouth College. Each invoice can be clicked on in order to view the full invoice details.
Screenshots that show the tab detail and how to export into an Excel file can be viewed on this PaymentWorks article.
No, since the onboarding process requires an email invitation and the vendor to complete and attest to their own information, it can only be done by the company being onboarded. Access the Help Center and contact Support for additional guidance if questions arise.
I am already registered in PaymentWorks under another school/organization. How do I connect my account?
Please follow the steps outlined on this document (PDF).
I am a foreign vendor without a SSN or TIN, how can I complete my registration without these required fields?
Please access the Help Center and contact Support in order to obtain a placeholder ID to use for your registration.
You can either enter the information in manually, or if you have the W9 you can contact Support through the Help Center and provide the file through the Contact Support button.
If you are able to log into your account, do so and click on the 'account' link in the top-right corner of the screen. Then click on the blue 'edit' button and update your email account. Be sure to click the green 'save' button to finalize all changes. You will then be able to sign into the account using the new email address. If needed, you can also change the Password on the account as well.
If you are unable to log into your account, access the Help Center to contact Support and they can assist with the update.
Contact Procurement.Services@Dartmouth.edu for guidance if you are unable complete the registration form.
Access the Help Center to contact Support for additional guidance.