Dartmouth Finance Training
The Dartmouth Finance Training program will equip divisional and departmental fiscal and finance administrators with the knowledge, skills, tools, and strategies required to effectively steward resources, understand and explain financial information, and to support informed decision-making.
- Staff time will be optimized because everyone will be trained in efficient methods for completing their work.
- Transactions will be more accurate and completed according to defined best practices.
- Institutional decision-making will be better supported through consistent and accurate analysis and reporting.
- Practices across the institution will be standardized according to defined best practices.
- Staff in financial positions will have transferable skills enable them to move within the organization.
Coming Fall 2020
The Introduction to Dartmouth Finance Program is a nine module series designed to acquaint existing, aspiring and new finance administrators with financial policy, procedures and practices at Dartmouth to help them to effectively steward resources, understand and explain financial information and support informed decision-making.
- Chart of Accounts
- Institutional Accounting
- Journal Entries
- Financial Review Guidelines
- Month End & Year End Close
Capital Assets, Capital Projects, and Equipment
Gifts, Endowment, and Restricted Funds Management
Analysis and Budgeting
Employee Lifecycle Expense Management
Ethics, Compliance, and Internal Controls
- Risk & Internal Controls Services
- Signature and Requisition Policy
- International Policies:
- Fraud Risk & Security
- Tax Compliance