Campus ID Card (DartCard)
Due to the current social-distancing practices of Dartmouth College, our office is not open for in-person visits. As we are working remotely, alternate methods of ID card production are being used.
DartCard Office Location
Under normal circumstances: Individuals, including students, faculty and staff, who are new to Dartmouth College should visit the Dartmouth Card Office to obtain an ID card.
Campus Billing and DartCard Services
McNutt Hall, Room 103
10 North Main Street
Hanover, NH 03755
Available for remote assistance only. At this time, the office is not available for in-person visits or appointments.
Monday - Friday 9:00 AM-4:30 PM (closed for lunch 12:00 PM-1:00 PM)
You must present a valid form of photo ID such as a passport or state-issued ID or Driver's License. Once a Dartmouth ID card is issued and entered into our system, reprinted ID cards do not require this verification.
Lost & Stolen
Athletic Members and Multipurpose cardholders who lose their ID cards are subject to a $10 replacement fee per lost card. Payment is required before the new ID can be issued.
Obtaining a Replacement ID Card
Please bring damaged ID cards to the DartCard whenever possible. When the damaged ID card is turned in, the replacement process is simply a reprint.
Replacement for Lost or Stolen ID cards requires system changes to separate the missing ID card from the newly issued ID card.
A request for ID card replacement without having a damaged card to turn in will be treated as a replacement for a Lost or Stolen ID card.
Employee Spending Accounts
The Dartmouth Card Office prints ID cards and maintains the accounts available to cardholders. The ID card accounts can be used to purchase meals or food items in the dining facilities around campus.
Employees are eligible for the following accounts:
- The employee is responsible for requesting a refund of any remaining meal balances before they leave the College. Once we receive notice of the employee's departure from the College, any remaining meal balances will be forfeit.
Prepaid Discretionary Account
- The Employee Prepaid Discretionary account is begins with a zero balance, and cannot go negative.
- The Employee Pre-Paid Discretionary account will remain in place until the employee leaves the College.
- The employee is responsible for requesting a refund of any remaining funds before they leave the College. Once we receive notice of the employee's departure from the College, any remaining funds will be forfeit.
- Employees, use this link to access your GET account. Review transactions, view balances, and make deposits to your Employee Pre-Paid Discretionary.
- Meals will soon be available for purchase online via an "Order" storefront called 'Faculty, Staff and Grad Student Meal Packs.'
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR DARTCARD
In Case of Errors or Questions About Your Electronic Transfers
Telephone us at 603-646-3724, write us at 6132 McNutt Hall, Room 103, or email us at Dartmouth.Card@dartmouth.edu as soon as you can, if you think the information on your DartCard account on the GET app, or email receipt for deposit is wrong, or if you need more information about a transfer. We must hear from you no later than 90 days after your financial institution sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
(1) Tell us your name and account number (if any).
(2) Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
(3) Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
ERROR RESOLUTION PROCESS
We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account.
For errors involving new accounts, point-of-sale, or foreign-initiated transactions, we may take up to 90 days to investigate your complaint or question.
We will tell you the results within 3 business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
Athletic Facilities Membership
Access for the Athletics Facilities is overseen by DCAD Administration, and is contingent on a membership. Alternately, single-day passes are available for purchase through DCAD. An ID card from the Dartmouth Card Office is not necessary for day passes. For more information regarding access to the gym, please contact the Athletics Facilities office.
Access for the library facilities and systems is managed separately from the ID production and access system. For more information regarding access to the library, please contact the appropriate library. For other assistance, please contact the Help Desk for your department or professional school.
Main DartCard Office Phone: (603) 646-3724