Address Updates & Name Changes

Address Updates

Non-Student employees have options to manage two US Address types in Self-Service, as outlined below.  We are not able to accommodate foreign addresses in Self-Service at this time.  Employees needing to update an address type with a foreign address should contact the Dartmouth Payroll Office for assistance.

  1. Legal Mailing address: This address is used for determining taxation, mailing paychecks, and your W-2 form.  It is also used for sending Benefits information and AP checks. 
  2. Legal Residence address: This is your physical home address. We are required to have this address on file for you by the State of New Hampshire.


An employee’s legal mailing address is sent electronically by the Benefits Office to Cigna Health Care and Delta Dental on a weekly basis.

If you are a resident of any state except New Hampshire, please contact the Payroll Office at to ensure proper state tax withholding. This includes changes of address that are in the same state but in a state other than NH.

If you have a retirement account with Calvert Group, Fidelity Investments, or TIAA-CREF, you must contact the company directly to make the change since there is no electronic feed for this information. You may contact Calvert Group at (800) 368-2745, Fidelity at (800) 343-0860, or TIAA-CREF at (800) 842-2776.

Address changes submitted by the deadline will be in effect for your next check. The deadline for entering a change of address is normally 4:30 pm, eight days prior to your check date.

Name Changes

Employees must complete the Name Change Form and provide two of the following legal documents, print the form and bring to the Payroll Office at Suite #309, 7 Lebanon Street, Hanover NH.

  • Marriage Certificate
  • Social Security Card
  • Divorce Decree
  • State Drivers' License


If you are working remotely (outside of the Upper Valley), please contact Dartmouth Payroll at for information on remote name changes.

Please note: Your Dartmouth e-mail address will be updated with your new name unless you specify a different preferred professional name. The processing of the name change will temporarily interrupt the ability to send and receive e-mails. If you experience problems sending or receiving e-mail messages for more than 4 hours, please contact your division's IT support office.



Last Updated