Dartmouth Travel Assistance Program
To assist Dartmouth travelers in coping with the risks of travel, Dartmouth has partnered with International SOS & Starr to provide medical and security assistance and international travel medical insurance when traveling internationally on Dartmouth-sponsored programs.
|International Travel Medical Insurance|
|Starr Summary of Benefits 23-24|
|Click here for an FAQ on the international travel insurance and assistance program|
The terms and conditions of Dartmouth's Travel Assistance Program have changed effective July 1, 2020 as described below.
Important considerations or services associated with the program are:
- Eligible individuals are Dartmouth students, faculty, staff, college officials, volunteers, board members and Dartmouth-approved guests, under the age of 85, while traveling internationally (outside of their permanent country of residence) on Dartmouth-sponsored activities and dependents while traveling with a covered employee.
- Pre-trip information and consultation on travel health and security issues.
- Medical, dental, and counseling referrals.
- Emergency and routine medical advice.
- Sojourn travel: 14 days prior to a trip, during a trip, and after a Dartmouth-sponsored trip.
- Urgent and emergency international medical insurance.*
- Emergency dental insurance.*
- Outpatient mental health sessions.*
*Administered by International SOS.
- Emergency security evacuation as deemed necessary by ISOS/Starr.
- Emergency medical evacuation and medically supervised repatriation, for eligible individuals as deemed necessary by ISOS/Starr.
- Routine medical insurance charges incurred by traveler are traveler's responsibility and will need to be submitted to traveler's health insurer for reimbursement.
- Dartmouth community members are eligible for discounted personal travel coverage by visiting ISOS membership or calling 1-800-523-8662.
This summary of the Dartmouth Travel Assistance Program does not constitute a promise of benefits. Please contact Risk Management and Insurance or call 603-646-2442 for a complete description of ISOS &/or Starr's terms, conditions, limitations, and charges.