Month End Close Schedule
Oracle Grants Accounting (OGA) closes on the First Business Day of the New Month
Oracle General Ledger (GL) closes on the Third Business Day of New Month
FY2022 GL Close Dates
Jul – August 4, 2021
Aug – September 3, 2021
Sep – October 5, 2021
Oct – November 3, 2021
Nov – December 3, 2021
Dec – January 5, 2022
Jan – February 3, 2022
Feb – March 3, 2022
Mar – April 5, 2022
Apr – May 4, 2022
May – June 3, 2022
Jun – See separate year end calendar
Last Business Day of Old Month
- Last day for the month for cashiering, inventory, payroll, and procurement transactions to be posted to the GL.
First Business Day of New Month
- First business day of the new month will be open for processing of GL transactions. In order to post to the correct period, care must be taken when processing transactions since both Old Month and New Month periods will be open in the GL.
- Last day for the month for payables and iExpense transactions for the old month to be posted to the GL.
- Last posting of SPUD Journal Entries for old month to GL and OGA (i.e., Reclasses, Cost Transfers, and Service Center charges) at 4:00.
- Accounts Payable closes.
- Oracle Grants Accounting (OGA) closes.
Second Business Day of New Month
- Final OGA reports for the old month will be available in IRA by 8:00 AM.
- Manual WebADI Journal Entries can be uploaded for both New Month and Old Month Accounting (Period) Date.
- Cut off for Old Month WebADI Journal Entries - Entries must be submitted and uploaded to the GL no later than 10:30 AM.
- Review questions regarding any WebADI Journal Entry must be resolved by 3:00 PM to be included in the Month End Close.
- Posting of WebADI Journal Entries to the GL no later than 3:00 PM.
- Recurring Journal Entries and Mass Allocation Journal Entries are posted to GL after 3:00 PM.
- Close Oracle GL period.
- Updating of IRA Data Warehouse for GL close transactions begins at 8:00 PM.
Fourth Business Day of New Month
- IRA Financial Reports will be available at the start of business by 8:00 AM.