Staff and Student Time Reporting
All hourly-paid employees must record all hours worked within their designated electronic time management system. All biweekly (non-exempt) employees must use the Kronos Electronic Timecard system and all student employees must use the Next Gen Student Employment TimesheetX system.
Biweekly (non-student) employees with web-access should login in to Kronos to track hours worked. Time reporting should be the exact time the employee began and ended working and is a legal record of the employee's time. Biweekly employees who do not have web-access will report their hours through a Kronos time clock. All time is required to be reported by 11:59PM on Saturday at the end of the pay period.
Student employees should login to TimesheetX to track hours worked. Time reporting should be the exact time the employee began and ended working and is a legal record of the employee's time. All time is required to be reported by 11:59PM on Saturday at the end of the pay period.
Biweekly Employee Kronos Training Materials and Resources are below:
- Biweekly Employee Time Reporting for guidance, responsibilities, and process
- Kronos Quick-Start Guide
- Kronos Bi-Weekly Employee Web-Entry Instruction Manual
- Kronos System Approver Training Guide
- Kronos System Approver Instruction Manual
- Dartmouth Bi-Weekly Employee Instruction Video
- How to enter time for a second position video
- How to create a Kronos Bookmark in your browser video
- Kronos Technical Support Documents for: PC (pdf) | Mac (pdf)
Student Employee Next Gen TimesheetX Training Materials and Resources:
- Student Employee Time Reporting for guidance, responsibilities, and process.
- To access Next Gen training materials go to: https://dartgo.org/studentjobs
- Student Training resources:
- Supervisor Training resources:
It is the supervisor's responsibility to establish clear expectations that reinforce Dartmouth's policies for:
It is essential supervisors understand the requirements of managing employee time. Employee Time Management Supervisor Training is offered quarterly to all supervisors in collaboration with Payroll, Human Resources, and the Finance Centers. Additional guidance is available on our Employee Time Management and Supervisor Training sites.