- Business and Travel Reimbursements
- Cash Advances
- Cash/Check Deposits
- Check Management
- Invoices and Other Payments
- Journal Entries/Sources System Corrections
- Kronos Timecard Reporting
- Payroll Supplemental Payments
- Payroll Authorizations
- Procurement Card (PCard) Transactions
- Student Prizes and Awards
- Signature Authority
- Wage Transfers
Download the Best Practices.
- Employees submit using iExpense
- To have the Finance Center prepare the iExpense on behalf of the employee (this is
not available for Geisel Employees):
- Use Expense Report Request eForm to request the Finance Center to prepare the iExpense Expense Report
- Attach only required receipts and other documents (cash advance voucher, detailed expense worksheet, etc.)
- Do not submit receipts under $75, unless for entertainment, lodging, and relocation, but do provide itemization of these expenses
- Keep original required receipts until verified they are legible
- Students and Non‐Employees using Payment Request eForm
- If the Student or Guest name doesn’t pull up in Payee Name field, check New Payee/Address and enter the Name, Student ID if applicable, and Address
- Do not include receipts under $75 unless business purpose is entertainment
- Single travel natural class, 8148‐TRAVEL DOMESTIC Non‐Emp or Student or 8118‐TRAVEL FOREIGN Non‐Emp or Student. Unless reimbursement is for local expenses
- Attach pdf file of receipts
- Any additional information, please add to comments field
- Requesting a Cash Advance:
- Submit through the Payment Request eForm by selecting the Cash Advance
- Only one chart string is necessary on the request
- Entity and Org (e.g. 20.507), then 909000.910000.0000, then 1463 for Foreign Study Cash Advances and 1465 for all other Prepaid Cash Advances
- Settlement Date should be within 10 business days of the end date
- Employees should limit Cash Advance requests to when traveling with groups of students, otherwise should consider obtaining a College‐paid Corporate Card
- Cash Advance Settlement:
- Employees settle via Expense Report Request eForm*
- Geisel Faculty and Staff should complete directly in iExpense
- Students settle via the Payment Request eForm selecting: Travel/Business Expense
- Enter the Cash Advance Number in the Cash Advance field as OBCA + Request ID (e.g. OBCA1234567)
- Returning Unused Funds: If there are unused funds to be returned to the College, complete the Cash Advance Returns form.
- Employees settle via Expense Report Request eForm*
- Take directly to the Cashier’s office
- Departments must always deposit cash and checks preferably on the same business day as receipt, but no later than 2 business days after receipt
- Do not send cash through Hinman mail
Void a Check
Void a check if the check is outdated, no longer needed or was issued in the wrong amount, to the wrong payee, or with the incorrect address.
A Stop Payment should be requested when the physical check is not available and has been:
- reported either lost or stolen
- sent to the wrong payee or address
- not received after 10 business days from being issued
- deemed unusable for another reason
Note: If the check is available, a Stop Payment is not necessary and the check should be voided.
If the check has not been cashed, then a stop payment will be placed and a replacement check will be mailed to the payee within 10 business days.
Note: The request will be canceled if the check has been cashed in any of the above scenarios.
- All invoices that need to be processed for check or international wire payment, should be emailed to email@example.com or a Payment Request eForm must be created
- Honorariums, Fellowship/Scholarship payments or other payments to students or non‐employees should be processed through the Payment Request eForm as an Other Payment
- Submit through Corrections, Journals, and Cost Transfers eForm
- If GL correction, attach the IRA Transactions “Corrections View” Financial Report which provides the necessary detail for the transaction(s) to be moved
- If PTAEO correction, please attach the required documentation, SPUD Reclass or Cost Transfer
- Transfer From: the account where the transaction currently exists
- Transfer To: the account where you want the transaction moved to
- All hourly-paid employees must use the Kronos Electronic Timecard system to record their work hours. Employees with web-access to Kronos can access their timecard using this URL: https://kronos.dartmouth.edu.
- Reports are generated weekly and sent to department
- Department supervisors review reports and notify the Finance Center if there are errors in an employee’s time
- Submit edits for Kronos reports on the General Request eForm
- Quick Pays: Off‐cycle check payments ‐ only for compliance processing
- Advance: SEIU Vacation, Financial Burden
- Admin Error: Kronos
- Admin Error: Benefit
- Late PASF
- Termination: 72 Hour
- Next Payroll Cycle: Discretionary Payments
- One Time Bonus
- Taxable Business Expense Reimbursement
- Pay In Lieu of Notice (PILN)
- Termination Vacation
- Lay Off Lump Sum
- If you have access to the PA Smart Form system you may enter directly into the PASF System, otherwise, submit through General Request eForm. Select ‘HR/Payroll’ as request type and social security number and date of birth will be encrypted.
- Provide all pertinent information.
- HELPFUL HINT: When submitting a PA, use the PASF Information Template.
- Submit PA’s as far in advance as possible, and no later than 5 days prior to effective date
- Use PCard eForm to submit PCard transactions individually and receipts when required
- Use the PCard Admin field if routing to an Administrator for PCard System Maintenance or for verification of business purpose and chart string only. This is not an approval process.
- Keep original receipts until verified they are legible
- Do not submit receipts under $75 but do complete an eForm with business purpose and
- Exception for WB Mason: if office supplies and default chart string, no submission is necessary
- If you have access to IRA Financial Reports, you may access reports directly
- Submit through General Request eForm or your assigned analyst to request a report
- Submit through Student Prizes and Awards eForm
- The Signature Authority Policy identifies which Dartmouth College employees are authorized to enter into transactions with external parties on behalf of Dartmouth and to submit requisitions for purchases through Dartmouth's internal procurement system.