- Business and Travel Reimbursements
- Business Purpose
- Check Deposits
- Check Management
- Employee Time Reporting
- Invoices and Other Payments
- Journal Entries/Sources System Corrections
- Payroll Supplemental Payments
- Personnel Authorizations
- Procurement Card (PCard) Transactions
- Student Prizes and Awards
- Signature Authority
- Wage Transfers
- Requesting a Payables Advance:
- Submit through the Payment Request eForm by selecting the Payables Advance
- Only one chart string is necessary on the request.
- Entity and Org (e.g. 20.507), then 909000.910000.0000, then 1463 for Foreign Study Payables Advances and 1465 for all other Prepaid Payables Advances.
- Settlement Date should be within 10 business days of the end date.
- Employees should limit Payables Advance requests to when traveling with groups of students, otherwise should consider obtaining a College‐paid Corporate Card.
- Payables Advance Settlement:
- Employees settle via Expense Report Request eForm* (see Business and Travel Reimbursements)
- *Geisel Faculty and Staff should complete directly in iExpense
- Students settle via the Payment Request eForm selecting: Travel/Business Expense. (see Business and Travel Reimbursements)
- Enter the Payables Advance Number in the Payables Advance field as OBCA + Request ID (e.g. OBCA1234567).
- Employees settle via Expense Report Request eForm* (see Business and Travel Reimbursements)
- Returning Unused Funds: There are two methods for returning unused advance funds.
- Employees submit using iExpense for business and travel reimbursements or clearing corporate card expenses.
- To have the Finance Center prepare the iExpense on behalf of the employee (this is
not available for Geisel Employees):
- Use Expense Report Request eForm to request the Finance Center to prepare the iExpense Expense Report
- Attach only required receipts and other documents (detailed expense worksheet, etc.)
- Do not submit receipts under $75, unless for entertainment, gifts, lodging, or relocation, but do provide itemization of these expenses
- Keep original required receipts until verified they are legible
- Students and Non‐Employees submit using Payment Request eForm.
- If the Student or Guest name doesn’t pull up in Payee Name field, check New Payee/Address and enter the Name, Student NetID if applicable, and Address.
- Do not include receipts under $75 unless business purpose is entertainment, gifts or lodging.
- All travel expenses should be listed under a single travel natural class, unless reimbursement
is for local expenses:
- 8148‐TRAVEL DOMESTIC Non‐Emp or Student or
- 8118‐TRAVEL FOREIGN Non‐Emp or Student,
- Attach only required pdf or image file of receipts. Keep original required receipts until verified they are legible
- Please add any additional information to comments field
A “Business Purpose” is necessary when submitting expense reports, payment requests, and PCards. Concise business purposes of less than 50 characters are encouraged. Additionally, please be sure not to copy any special characters into the business purpose. This can cause delays in payments to students.
- Sufficient Information: Trip to NACUBO Conference
Not Sufficient Information: Business Trip
Too Much Information: Trip to NACUBO Conference in Washington DC on April 12 – April 16. Topics discussed included higher education finance.
- Sufficient Information: Lunch meeting with visiting professor, Sam Smith
Not Sufficient Information: Lunch
Too Much Information: Lunch at Canoe Club with Professor Sam Smith, Visiting Professor from the University of California at Berkeley.
- Sufficient Information: Dinner meeting with Bio 101 class (20 attendees)
Not Sufficient Information: Dinner
Too Much Information: Pizza dinner for Bio 101 class meeting in Silsby 104 with 20 students…(names of students)
- Sufficient Information: Office supplies
Not Sufficient Information: Supplies
Too Much Information: Office supplies: staplers, pens, post-it notes, and paper for supply closet
- Sufficient Information: Event with alumni donors
Not Sufficient Information: Entertainment
Too Much Information: Event at Sue Smith’s house in Boston, MA for 26 alumni donors, including ….(names of donors)
- All deposits should be accompanied by a miscellaneous receipt form.
- Take form and deposit directly to the Cashier’s Office in McNutt Hall, Room 103 or send to HB 6132.
- Departments must always deposit checks preferably on the same business day as receipt, but no later than 2 business days after receipt.
- The Cashier's Office does not accept cash.
- Review the Cash and Check Handling Policy for more information.
- Void a Check
- Void a check if the check is outdated, no longer needed or was issued in the wrong amount, to the wrong payee, or with the incorrect address.
- Stop Payment
- A Stop Payment should be requested when the physical check is not available and has
- reported either lost or stolen
- sent to the wrong payee or address
- not received after 10 business days from being issued
- deemed unusable for another reason
- Note: If the check is available, a Stop Payment is not necessary and the check should be voided.
- A Stop Payment should be requested when the physical check is not available and has been:
- Check Reissue
- If the check has not been cashed, then a stop payment will be placed and a replacement check will be mailed to the payee within 10 business days.
- Note: The request will be canceled if the check has been cashed in any of the above scenarios.
- Contract Requests are submitted through the Agiloft Contract Management System.
- Click on Contracts and select "Create a Contract Request".
- Contract Requests are required when:
- Hiring an Individual to provide a good or service, with the exception of honorariums (See Hiring Independent Contractors & Guests).
- The vendor has provided you a contract to review and sign.
- A PO is required, but you or the vendor want a separate written agreement (see Purchase Order Policy).
Biweekly-Paid Employees Time Reporting
- All hourly-paid biweekly employees must use the Kronos Electronic Timecard system to record their work hours. Employees with web-access to Kronos can access their timecard using this URL: https://kronos.dartmouth.edu.
- Reports are generated weekly and sent to department.
- Department supervisors review reports and notify the Finance Center if there are errors in an employee’s time
- Submit edits for Kronos reports on the General Request eForm.
- Supervisor training and guidance is available on our Employee Time Management site.
Student Employee Time Reporting
- All hourly-paid student employees must use the TimesheetX system to record their work hours. Student Employees can access their timesheet using this URL: https://dartgo.org/studentjobs.
- Student supervisors review and approve student timesheets within the TimesheetX system no later than noon on Monday following the pay period.
- It is recommended all supervisors conduct a weekly review of student timesheets and at a minimum prior to the end of the pay period.
- Supervisor training and guidance is available within the JobX/TimesheetX system.
- All invoices that need to be processed for payment, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted through the Payment Request eForm, as either a PO Invoice or Non-PO Invoice.
- Honorariums, Fellowship/Scholarship payments or other payments to students or non‐employees should be processed through the Payment Request eForm as an Other Payment. The Honorarium Acceptance Form must be completed and attached to all Honorarium payments.
When submitting and approving invoices with contracts:
- Agiloft Contract Number: Provide the contract number of the Purchase of Goods or Services Agreement, Campus Service Agreement or Statement of Work (SOW) in the Agiloft Contract Number field. The contract number provided on the Payment Request eForm should never reference a Master Agreement or Amendment.
- Invoice review: Ensure the invoice is "in scope" of the agreement.
- Confirm that the services/goods being invoiced are consistent with the contract description and statement of work.
- Confirm that the services dates or provision of goods on the invoice are within the contract term (contract effective date and end date).
- Confirm the amount invoiced does not exceed the contract amount.
- Confirm that your department/org/division is authorized to use the agreement. If the org/award paying the invoice is outside the org or department of the contract request, please explicitly state the rationale for using the agreement in the Comments field (e.g. cross departmental collaboration, etc.)
- Submit through Corrections, Journals, and Cost Transfers eForm
- If GL correction, attach the IRA Transactions “Corrections View” Financial Report which provides the necessary detail for the transaction(s) to be moved
- If PTAEO correction, please attach the required documentation, SPUD Reclass or Cost Transfer
- Transfer From: the account where the transaction currently exists
- Transfer To: the account where you want the transaction moved to
- Payroll Supplemental Payments are requested through the PASF or General Request eForm (see Personnel Authorizations).
- Quick Pays: Off‐cycle check payments ‐ only for compliance processing
- Advance: SEIU Vacation, Financial Burden
- Admin Error: Kronos
- Admin Error: Benefit
- Late PASF
- Termination: 72 Hour
- Next Payroll Cycle: Discretionary Payments
- One Time Bonus
- Taxable Business Expense Reimbursement
- Pay In Lieu of Notice (PILN)
- Termination Vacation
- Lay Off Lump Sum
- If you have access to the PA Smart Form (PASF) system you may enter directly into the PASF System, otherwise, submit through General Request eForm. Select ‘HR/Payroll’ as request type and social security number and date of birth will be encrypted.
- Provide all pertinent information.
- HELPFUL HINT: When submitting a PA, use the PASF Information Template.
- Submit PA’s as far in advance as possible, and no later than 5 days prior to effective date
- Use PCard eForm to submit PCard transactions individually and receipts when required
- Use the PCard Admin field if routing to an Administrator for PCard System Maintenance or for verification of business purpose and chart string only. This is not an approval process.
- Keep original receipts until verified they are legible
- Do not submit receipts under $75 but do complete an eForm with business purpose and
- Exception for WB Mason: if office supplies and default chart string, no submission is necessary
- Submit using Purchase Request eForm.
- A Purchase Order Request must be submitted before purchase of the good or service is made.
- Review the Purchase Order Policy.
- Be sure to include routing instructions (does the PO need to be faxed to vendor, etc.)
- If you have access to IRA Financial Reports, you may access reports directly.
- Submit ad hoc report requests through General Request eForm or to your assigned analyst.
- Submit through Student Prizes and Awards eForm.
- Verify residency with students receiving payment. Non-resident students must register in Sprintax to ensure accurate payment processing.
- All student payments default to digital processing through J.P. Morgan Chase.
- The Signature Authority Policy identifies which Dartmouth College employees are authorized to enter into transactions with external parties on behalf of Dartmouth and to submit requisitions for purchases through Dartmouth's internal procurement system.
- Agiloft maintains a Signature Authority Dashboard that may be accessed to review authorized approvers.