D-Pay (Dartmouth Electronic Billing and Payment System)


What is D-Pay?
D-Pay is Dartmouth's electronic billing and payment system. It provides online access to all student account statements and if you choose, allows online payment using your U.S. checking or savings account.

Top of page


What are the main benefits of the new D-Pay?

  • Easy-to-use user interface

Click on buttons to do common tasks like “Make a Payment” and “View Account” activity.

  • Real-time integration with Banner (Dartmouth’s student information system)

There is no more waiting for payment to be visible in D-Pay.

  • Supports multiple browsers

Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, and Firefox (and others) are all compatible with the new D-Pay.

In the coming months, ACH (Automated Clearinghouse) refunds will return for students with US bank accounts.  Starting with 2015-2016 Academic Year, the payment plan will be term-based and a part of D-Pay.  More information to follow on this website.

Top of page


Why did Dartmouth change D-Pay?

Dartmouth has used electronic billing for a number of years. It saves money, time, and environmental resources.  D-Pay was powered by Sallie Mae.  Higher One then acquired Sallie Mae.  The acquisition and the resulting termination of the electronic refunds gave Dartmouth the opportunity to survey the marketplace for a new billing and payment solution.  After a comprehensive review, TouchNet was selected. 

Top of page


How do I access the new D-Pay?

Students:  Go to DartHub.  Enter your NetID and NetID Password.  Then click on the D-Pay tile or search for "D-Pay" in the search box.

Parents/Other Authorized Users:  https://secure.touchnet.net/C20657_tsa/web/login.jsp  Enter your E-mail address and your D-Pay password.

Important: Before a parent (or other authorized user) may access D-Pay, the student must first authorize access.  D-Pay will send this link and a temporary password to the parent.  The parent will then create a new password.

For step-by-step instructions for common tasks, please click here.

Top of page


Why do I have student account transaction in terms when I was not a student?

All charges are posted in specific terms.  Here is an example:  You may not be taking classes in the summer term.  But you may using your meal card.  We post charges in the term we receive them.

The new D-Pay:   Dartmouth undergraduate and graduate/professional students are not always in the same academic term at the same time.  We may post payments in “prior” terms, relative to your current term.  The will may affect some graduate and professional school students but should not affect undergraduate students.  Rest assured that all payments will be applied to all charges.  When you “View Account Activity” in D-Pay, you may need to look in a prior term to find a payment. 

Top of page


I just made a payment.  Where can I see it in D-Pay?

Click on the “Payments” tab on the main page of D-Pay. Then click on the “Payment History” tab.  Then click on “View Report.”  There are other options to narrow the results by date and payer. 

You may also “View Account Activity” (see below).

As soon as you make a payment, your account balance (on the main page of D-Pay, “My Account”) will change to reflect the payment.  Please note that term balance(s) will change only when payments are applied to charges on a daily basis. 

Top of page


Where can I find my recent student account activity?

Click on the “View Account Activity” button on the main page of D-Pay.  Use the drop-down menu to select a term to view and then click on the “Select” button.

D-Pay will by default display the current undergraduate term.  If this is not your current term, use the drop-down to select your term.  You may have to scroll up to see your current term.

You may also click on the “eStatements” tab on the main page of D-Pay to view account activity since the last account statement was created.  This is especially helpful in understanding why the account balance does not equal the amount due on a bill.  There may charges or payments that are reflected in the account balance but are not on the billing statement (“Amount Due”) because they occurred after the account statement was created.

Top of page


May I have more than one authorized user?

Yes.  Students may authorize more than one person to view their account and to make payments (parents, grandparents, stepparents, etc.).  Each user must be authorized separately. 

Students:  Log in to D-Pay through Banner Self-service.  Then click on the “Authorized Users” tab.  Click “Add Authorized User.”  Enter the authorized user’s E-mail address and answer two questions about access and then click “Continue.”  Read the agreement and enter a checkmark in the agreement box and then click on then click “Continue.”  The D-Pay system will send two E-mails to your authorized user:  one E-mail will continue the login link and user name (their E-mail address).  The other E-mail will contain a temporary password.  Parents and other authorized users will go to that link, enter their user name and the temporary password and then choose their own unique password.

Authorization may be revoked at any time by deleting a user from the list of current authorized users.

Top of page


May I review the student account and make payments for more than one student?

Parents (other authorized users):  If you have more than one student at Dartmouth, you can see all of your students from one account login.

Students:  If you and your sibling share the same parent/authorized payer, please enter the same E-mail address.  Example:  If Mom has two E-mail addresses, both students should enter the same one.  This will ensure that the parent may access both student accounts from one parent login.

Top of page


How do I change my password?

Students:  Since you use your NetID to access D-Pay in Banner Self-service, you change your password here

Parents:  Please refer to the step-by-step instructions located here.

Top of page


May I pay less than the amount due on my statement?

The “Amount Due” is located on the billing statement in the top, right side.  It is also located on the billing statement in the bottom, right side as “Total Amount Due.”  This balance reflects any past due balance plus current charges.  If you or your student is receiving an outside scholarship, you may deduct the amount from the “Amount Due” and pay less than the amount due on the statement.  Please let us know when you pay less than the amount due on the statement by completing the Payment Explanation Form.  This link is also found on the main page of D-Pay, “My Account.”  Completing this form will ensure that any late charges are waived and that you or your student will be cleared for “Check In” (a required online process that students complete every term).

Top of page


How do I know when a new statement is available?
Campus Billing produces two account statements per term, as indicated in the Billing Schedule. When a new statement is available on D-Pay, the student, and any parents or users authorized by the student that have enrolled in D-Pay, will receive an e-mail notification from Student Financial Services. The subject line of the E-mail will be "New statement for your student".

Top of page


Do I have to make my payment on D-Pay?

While paying your bill on D-Pay is quick and convenient for individuals with a U.S. checking or savings account, making payments on D-Pay is optional. International payments may be made through a wire transfer (please contact our office for instructions) or Flywire. A payment option for anyone is to print a copy of the statement and mail it along with a check or money order (must be in U.S. currency), made payable to Dartmouth College, to this address:


Dartmouth College
Campus Billing
6132 McNutt Hall, Room 103
Hanover, NH 03755-3541

Top of page


May I pay my Dartmouth student loans through D-Pay?
No. D-Pay is for viewing Student Account statements and will only accept Student Account payments. Once you are no longer enrolled as an active student at Dartmouth College, your access to D-Pay will end.

Top of page


Why doesn't my D-Pay account statement update when I make a payment, or when there are new transactions?
The billing statement is a snapshot in time. Once issued, it will never change. Current and future transactions will appear on the next scheduled statement. You may view all account activity in D-Pay. Click on the eStatements tab to view account activity since the last billing statement.

Top of page


What is the D-Pay Payment Explanation Form? How do I use this form?
If you have additional items that you are expecting to pay all or part of the Amount Due on your Account Statement. You may list these items using the Payment Explanation Form feature in the D-Pay system. This form must be submitted to Student Financial Services by the payment due date on your Account Statement. If the form is not completed and submitted to Student Financial Services by the due date, you may be assessed a late fee, and may encounter potential delays at Check-in time.

Examples of Anticipated Credits which may need to be listed on the Payment Explanation Form:

o Outside Scholarships If you are receiving an outside scholarship, such as National Merit, or other type of outside award, you may deduct the appropriate amount for the term, provided the funds will be paid directly to Dartmouth College. For students receiving financial aid, the outside scholarship must be included on your most recent aid award from the Financial Aid Office.

o College Tuition Benefits or State Tuition Savings Plans If you are receiving a tuition benefit from another college, or funds from a State Tuition Savings Plan, you may deduct the amount that you expect to receive for the term from your amount due. Please be sure to complete any paperwork required to facilitate the payment process. If you need documentation from us, please let us know in a timely manner.

o DSGHP Health Plan Waivers If you have applied for, and received approval, for a waiver of the Dartmouth Student Group Health Plan (DSGHP), you may deduct the appropriate amount from your amount due.

o Meal Plan Changes Students who wish to change their meal plan for a term must contact the Dartmouth Card Office before the meal plan change deadline. The deadline is typically seven to ten days after classes begin. You may check with the Dartmouth Card Office for the exact dates for each term. When paying a tuition bill, you may deduct the meal plan adjustment on the Adjustment Form when you lower the meal plan option chosen. If you are increasing your meal plan, you may pay the amount currently indicated on your Account Statement. The increase for the new meal plan will be included on the next regularly scheduled Account Statement.

o Miscellaneous Credits If you feel you have been billed in error for a particular item, such as a course fee, or College Fraternity/Sorority fees, etc., you may deduct this item from your Amount Due, if you expect to receive a credit from the source, or while you are disputing the item. A charge in dispute must either be reversed by the source, or paid by the student when the next Account Statement payment due date occurs.

o Changes in Financial Aid Occasionally, the Financial Aid Office will revise a student's award by increasing or decreasing specific types of financial aid, such as loans or scholarships. If you have been awarded an increase in loan or scholarship funds, and the change is not reflected in Account Activity in D-Pay, you may indicate these additional funds.

Top of page