Submit Photo for Dartmouth ID Card
New matriculating students incoming for Fall Term are welcome to submit photos over the summer for their ID card. Submit one to us before July 30th, and we can print your ID card ahead of time! Using the requirements outlined below, submit a photo to be issued on your Dartmouth College Student ID card. Please note, the photo you upload will also be in campus systems viewed by faculty and administrators.
- The photograph must be in color, focused, and taken in good light -- no dark or shadowed photos.
- The photograph should not be taken outside as direct sunlight causes glare or reflections which we cannot accept.
- The photograph must have a solid white background, without designs or patterns.
- The photograph must show a full face, front view of the cardholder, no profiles or angles.
- Make sure top of head is not cut off and is clearly visible.
- As a guide, the distance from the base of the cardholder's chin to the top of the head must occupy between 70% and 80% of the height of the photograph.
- The cardholder must appear in normal street attire (no costumes), without a hat or other headgear and no dark glasses.
- The photograph must be that of the cardholder only (no family, friends, animals, objects,
etc., are permitted).
Any photo submitted will be reviewed for adherence to these requirements. The DartCard Office reserves the right not to accept any photo.
New Undergraduate Students
Information for obtaining your new student ID card will be available in late-spring, including an invitation to submit a photo online for the ID card.
Valid ID (driver’s license/permit, non-driver ID, passport, or other government issued ID) must be shown to pick up a first-time ID card, whether pre-printed or for in-office photo capture.
If your submitted photo is rejected for any reason, your picture will be taken when you visit the DartCard Office when you arrive on campus for fall term.
For the Fall Term cycle, once your submitted photo is accepted, the card is sent to print.
New Graduate Students, Returning Students and Employees
The option to submit uploaded photos for ID cards is only offered to incoming First Year, Transfer, and Exchange students. At this time, this has not been extended to new graduate students, returning current students or employees. Photos for these individuals may be accepted, but ID cards will not be pre-printed.
Upload your photo with GET online or through the mobile app!
From the GET website on any browser:
After logging in using your Dartmouth web authentication credentials, you will see the "Overview" screen.
Use the Quick Links menu, located on the left of the screen, and select “Upload ID Photo.”
On the Photo Upload screen, select the “Browse” button and search on your computer/device for the photo.
Follow the on-screen prompts to complete your uploading your photo for your ID card.
On the mobile app (shown for iPhone):
Go to settings.
Select “Upload Photo.”
On the Photo Upload screen, select “Choose Photo” to open the source options. Search on your device or take a new photo.
Follow the on-screen prompts to complete processing your photo in order to upload it for your ID card.
We have heard from some students experiencing difficulty uploading photos. For the best user experience, we recommend using the app.