Submit Photo for Dartmouth ID Card
New students are welcome to submit photos for early printing of their ID card. Why wait in line, when you can take a photo at your own convenience? Submit one to us before July 30th, and we can print your ID card ahead of time! Using the requirements outlined below, submit a photo to be issued on your Dartmouth College Student ID card. Please note, the photo you upload will also be in campus systems viewed by faculty and administrators.
- The photograph must be in color.
- The photograph must be in focus.
- The photograph must have a solid white background, without designs or patterns.
- The photograph must show a full face, front view of the cardholder, no profiles or angles.
- Make sure top of head is not cut off and is clearly visible.
- As a guide, the distance from the base of the cardholder's chin to the top of the head must occupy between 70% and 80% of the height of the photograph.
- The cardholder must appear in normal street attire (no costumes), without a hat or other headgear and no dark glasses.
- The photograph must be that of the cardholder only (no family, friends, animals, objects, etc., are permitted).
Any photo submitted will be reviewed for adherence to these requirements. The DartCard Office reserves the right not to accept any photo.
New Undergraduate Students
If your photo is rejected for any reason, your picture will be taken when you visit the DartCard Office when you arrive on campus. Students matriculating with fall term orientation, this may be for your DOC Trip or on First Year Move-in Day.
Valid ID (driver’s license/permit, non-driver ID, passport, or other government issued ID) must be shown to pick up a first-time ID card, whether pre-printed or for in-office photo capture.
Once your submitted photo is accepted, the card is sent to print.
New Graduate Students, Returning Students and Employees
The option to submit uploaded photos for ID cards is only offered to incoming First Year, Transfer, and Exchange students. At this time, this has not been extended to new graduate students, returning current students or employees.
Upload your photo with GET online or through the mobile app!
From the GET website on any browser:
After logging in using your Dartmouth web authentication credentials, you will see the "Overview" screen.
Use the Quick Links menu, located on the left of the screen, and select “Upload ID Photo.”
On the Photo Upload screen, select the “Browse” button and search on your computer/device for the photo.
Follow the on-screen prompts to complete your uploading your photo for your ID card.
On the mobile app (shown for iPhone):
Go to settings.
Select “Upload Photo.”
On the Photo Upload screen, select “Choose Photo” to open the source options. Search on your device or take a new photo.
Follow the on-screen prompts to complete processing your photo in order to upload it for your ID card.
We have heard from some students experiencing difficulty uploading photos. For the best user experience, we recommend using the app.