Dining Questions & Concerns
If students or families have concerns or questions about accommodations for dietary restrictions, please visit the Dartmouth Dining website for information about their inclusive dining, or contact their nutrition staff for assistance.
Dining Plan Changes – Frequently Asked Questions and Facts
- Change requests are reviewed against housing room assignments.
- Only residences approved for the On-Campus Apartment plan are eligible for a change to that dining plan.
- Only students not indicated with a housing room assignment, or those with housing room assignments in approved residences are eligible for a change to the Off Campus dining plan.
- Pre-assigned enrollment of a dining plan for inclusion of billing on the tuition bill is based on the last billed dining plan. This is a manual process. Be sure to check your billed dining plan each term.
- Dining plan history is only retained for a current academic year, starting with the fall term. Dining plan historical tracking is reset each fall term, for which enrolled students are pre-assigned the highest meal plan for the greatest availability at dining facilities. Students not enrolled for the fall who enroll for subsequent terms (winter, spring, and summer) will be reset to the lowest regular meal plan.
- All undergraduate students enrolled for the term as of the date of billing (regardless of housing situation) will be billed. (Opt-out does not apply in this case.)
- All undergraduate students indicated in a housing assignment as of the date of billing (regardless of enrollment situation) will be billed.
- Be sure to watch for billing updates on the student account through D-Pay term activity for the requested dining plan change to take place.
- Students with enrollment changes after the billing date may not receive notice of a billed dining plan.
- Students will not receive notice for dining refunds from a change in enrollment. Be sure to check D-pay for billing changes up to 1 week following an enrollment change.
- Off-Campus dining options are not granted as a result of housing change. A request must be submitted for processing.
- On-Campus Apartment dining options are not granted as a result of housing change. A request must be submitted for processing.
- A request must be received to process an "opt-out" cancellation. This is only available to students not living in College-coordinated housing, and can only be processed during the regular change period.