Dining Questions & Concerns
If students or families have concerns or questions about accommodations for dietary restrictions, please visit the Dartmouth Dining website for information about their inclusive dining, or contact their nutrition staff for assistance.
Dining Plan Changes – Frequently Asked Questions and Facts
- All first-year students are committed to the Ivy Unlimited dining plan for their first year (Fall, Winter, and Spring).
- All matriculating transfer students and new exchange students (without a previous D-Plan) will be committed to the Ivy Unlimited dining plan for the fall term as they will be taking part in Orientation Meals. Then, exchange students would be eligible to change beginning with the following winter term dining plan selection period.
- Eligible dining plan options available for selection are listed based on upcoming housing room assignments in StarPortal.
- Only residences approved for the On-Campus Apartment plan are eligible for that selection. It will not be listed otherwise.
- Only students not indicated with a housing room assignment, or those with housing room assignments in approved residences are able to select the Off Campus dining plan.
- Effective with Fall 2023, students are able to select their preferred eligible dining plan prior to the release of the term tuition bill. This is only possible if the selection is made through StarPortal before the billing date (2-3 days before the bills are relased). If no selection is made, the Ivy Unlimited option will be the default provided for any student indincated in a housing assignment coordinated by Residential Life.
- Dining plan history is not maintained. Please be sure to make your selection every term.
- All undergraduate students indicated in an upcoming housing situation as of the billing date (regardless of enrollment situation) will be billed.
- Students not indicated in an upcoming housing assignment will not be billed. A selection must be made if you want a dining plan.
- Be sure to watch for billing updates on the student account through D-Pay recent activity for the requested dining plan change to take place. New billing statements are not issued.
- Students will not receive notice for dining refunds from a change in enrollment. Be sure to check D-pay for billing changes up to 1 week following an enrollment change.
- Off-Campus Plan dining options are not granted as a result of housing change. A selection must be submitted through the StarPortal Meal Plan Application path for processing.
- On-Campus Apartment Plan dining options are not granted as a result of housing change. A selection must be submitted the StarPortal Meal Plan Application path for processing.
- A request must be received to process an "opt-out" cancellation. This is only available to students not living in College-coordinated housing or at Summit, and can only be processed during the regular change period.