Dining Questions & Concerns
If students or families have concerns or questions about accommodations for dietary restrictions, please visit the Dartmouth Dining website for information about their inclusive dining, or contact their nutrition staff for assistance.
Dining Plan Changes – Frequently Asked Questions and Facts
- Change requests are reviewed against housing room assignments.
- Only residences approved for the On-Campus Apartment plan are eligible for a change to that dining plan.
- Only students not indicated with a housing room assignment, or those with housing room assignments in approved residences are eligible for a change to the Off Campus dining plan.
- Pre-assigned enrollment of a dining plan for inclusion of billing on the tuition bill is based on the last billed dining plan. This is a manual process. Be sure to check your billed dining plan each term.
- All undergraduate students enrolled for the term as of the date of billing regardless of housing situation will be billed.
- All undergraduate students indicated in a housing assignment as of the date of billing regardless of enrollment situation will be billed.
- Students have a narrow window of time to submit a dining change request prior to the bill-date. Not all change requests received will make it into the billing. Be sure to watch for billing updates on the student account through D-Pay term activity for the change to take place.
- Students with enrollment changes after the billing date may not receive notice of a billed dining plan.
- Students will not receive notice for dining refunds from a change in enrollment. Be sure to check D-pay for billing changes up to 1 week following an enrollment change.
- Off-Campus dining options are not granted as a result of housing change. A request must be submitted for processing.
- On-Campus Apartment dining options are not granted as a result of housing change. A request must be submitted for processing.