Timesheet Revisions

Use of 'Holiday' and 'Other'

When to Record Holiday

Regular benefits-eligible hourly employees recording holiday time on their timecard should select "Hol" from the Pay Code drop-down for those holidays recognized by the College. The employee should record the holiday with the daily total of their regularly scheduled hours in the Amount column. To review College Holidays, please go to Human Resources' Holiday & Winter Break website. If the employee did not work on the holiday, there should be no "In" or "Out" times reported for that day.

When to Record Holiday Worked

Regular benefits-eligible hourly employees who work on a College Holiday, should record the hours they ACTUALLY worked on the holiday "In" and "Out" columns. Additionally, total hours worked should be recorded as stated above in the "When to Record Holiday". 

Please note: Temporary employees do not receive Holiday and Holiday Worked time. All time worked on the holiday should be recorded under the "In" and "Out"  columns.

When to Record Other

Regular benefits-eligible hourly employees should record Winter Break by selecting "Winter Brk" from the Pay Code drop-down and daily total of their regularly scheduled hours in the Amount column. For further information regarding College Winter Break, please refer to the Holiday & Winter Break website.

Paid absences from work also should be recorded "Other". For further information on types of paid absences see the Human Resources website.

Revising a Timesheet

A revised timesheet is used only if an adjustment must be made to hours worked by an hourly employee in a prior pay period. 

Depending on the calendar, certain holiday periods may require that timesheets are due in your designated Finance Center before the end of the scheduled pay period. If the timesheet deadline is before the end of my work week first fill out the timesheet, and all anticipated hours for the pay period by the communicated timesheet deadline to ensure timely payroll processing. Complete a revised timesheet if the anticipated hours previously listed is different than what was worked. It is important that any differences between what was submitted and what was actually worked be reported to Payroll in the next pay period. 

If vacation days have been incorrectly recorded, please notify your supervisor. Payroll must be notified within 30 days of the pay date in which the vacation days have been incorrectly recorded in order to change the status.  If after 30 days, please contact your Human Resources consultant for approval.

The revised timesheet must contain the employee's name, the end date of the pay period needing to be adjusted, the assignment number, the timekeeping location, and all hours worked and/or leave taken for the pay period being revised. After the revised timesheet has been reviewed and signed by the employee and department supervisor, please submit the timesheet to the Payroll Office.

Should you have additional questions, please contact Payroll at (603) 646-2697, or by email.

Last Updated