There are many benefits to student employment, including the following:
- Gain practical employment experience and develop transferable skills
- Build a stronger connection to the campus and community
- Learn from mentors and role models
- Develop time management and organizational skills
- Grow professional network and cultivate potential future references
- Earn income to help with educational and living expenses
Resources to help you prepare for your interview
The Student Employment Office (SEO) hosts student job fairs or "How to find a job" workshops throughout the academic year.
Information on Federal Work-Study and Non-Work Study jobs
Some employers may require employment history or references post-graduation. Learn how that works.
Resources on creating a positive work environment and how to navigate a workplace issue.
Internships or Post-Graduate Employment
Students seeking internship opportunities or post-graduate employment should contact Dartmouth's Center for Professional Development or search on their website.