Sheila Culbert Distinguished Employee Service Award
The Sheila Culbert Distinguished Employee Award was established by Jim and Susan Wright in 2008 to recognize a Dartmouth College staff member who has made a difference to the College and to their colleagues; demonstrates a commitment to the highest work ethic and exemplary work performance; is both selfless and unwavering in dedication to the institution; and is relentless in the pursuit of excellence.
The 2022 nomination period is now closed. The 2023 nomination period will open in November 2023.
- Employed at Dartmouth College for five or more years;
- Demonstrated commitment and contribution to the mission and core values of the College;
- Consistent and excellent job performance;
- Initiative, innovation, and leadership in the workplace; and
- Effective and responsible use of time, money, technology, personnel, and other resources for the benefit of the College.
Previous Award Recipients
Learn more about our previous award recipients and their contributions to Dartmouth
2009 - Kathy Hart (Hood Museum of Art)
2010 - Ann Lavanway (Biological Sciences)
2011 - C. Robert Lester (Dartmouth Dining Services)
2012 - Gail Vernazza (History Department)
2013 - Keely Ayres (Hopkins Center for the Arts)
2014 - Linda Martin (The Geisel School)
2015 - Sadhana Hall (The Nelson A. Rockefeller Center for Public Policy)
2016 - Kim Wind (Environmental Studies Program)
2017 - Marcia Calloway (Office of Visa and Immigration Services)
2018 - Jonathan Crossett (Information, Technology, and Consulting)
2019 - Amy Hunt (Student Affairs Systems and Technology)
2020 - Terry Impey (Operations Manager, Real Estate Office)
2021 - Richard Whitmore (Deputy Director, Dartmouth College Athletics)