2022 Flexible Spending Accounts
Dartmouth offers two different types of Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) through Sentinel Benefits.
Contact Sentinel Benefits
Sentinel Help Center
Flexible Spending Accounts
Please click on the link below for detailed information about each FSA plan offered.
Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts (HCFSA)
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (DCFSA)
How FSA's Work
Every dollar contributed to your FSA is made on a before-tax basis. Each pay period. Dartmouth deducts the amount that you elect directly from your “gross” wages. This means that FSA contributions are deducted before federal, state, and FICA taxes.
Your year-end W-2 form from your employer will properly notify all of the government agencies of your participation in the program.
Use the Benny Card to pay for your FSA expenses.
The Sentinel Benny Card offers an added convenience of accessing your FSA funds with our Benny Visa Debit Card. Because it’s a Visa card, you can use it most anywhere. The Benny card is designed to help you:
- Save money on qualified expenses
- Reduce paperwork
- Eliminate the wait for reimbursement
- Eliminate out-of-pocket expenses and paperwork.
- Full amount of available funds is automatically loaded onto the card for immediate
- Use your Sentinel Benny® Card to pay for eligible items wherever Visa is accepted
Download the Sentinel Benefits mobile app.
- View your FSA balance at a pharmacy—before you get into the check-out line.
- Be a better health care consumer by scanning item barcodes to compare prices of items to be sure you are getting the best deal.
- View the eligible expense list.
- Submit a claim
- Upload a provider invoice
View a list of eligible expenses