Beginning January 1, 2009, all regular benefits-eligible employees may receive reimbursement for fees incurred as a result of infertility treatments or services as follows:
Maximum amount of reimbursement paid per employee per calendar year will be $5,000.
• This benefit is pro-rated for employees working less than full time.
√ For example, an employee who is a 0.5 FTE is eligible to receive a maximum reimbursement of $2,500 per calendar year.
• The deadline date for submitting a reimbursement request toward your 2016 allotment is November 15, 2016. Requests for reimbursmeent received after November 15, 2016 will count toward your 2017 allotment.
• Reimbursement requests can be made for services within the current calendar year or for expenses incurred in the prior calendar year.
√ Expenses incurred in 2015 and received on or prior to November 15, 2016 will count toward your 2016 allotment.
√ Expenses incurred in 2015 and received after November 15, 2016 will not be reimbursed.
√ Expenses incurred in 2016 and received on or prior to November 15, 2016 will count toward your 2016 allotment
√ Expenses incurred in 2016 and received after November 15, 2016 will count toward your 2017 allotment.
• This benefit covers costs for services for a regular benefits-eligible employee or the employee's spouse or same-sex domestic partner.
• This benefit covers costs for services relating to the diagnosis and treatment of Infertility that are not covered by an employee's health insurance plan (It is advised that the employee contact his/her health insurance provider to review coverage).
Employee must request reimbursement using the Request for Infertility Treatment Expense Reimbursement form and provide appropriate supplementary documentation (e.g. detailed invoices and proof of payment)
• Each line item listed on the form must include a corresponding detailed invoice/bill and proof of payment
• Keep in mind that provider invoices/bills can take up to six months to arrive, which if received after the November 15th deadline can affect the calendar year for which they are paid.
Reimbursement is made in the employee's paycheck and can be paid in either a $5,000 lump sum or in smaller amounts as the treatment and/or service expenses are incurred.
This benefit is subject to Social Security and Medicare Tax
The employee, spouse or same-sex domestic partner does not have to be enrolled in a health insurance plan through Dartmouth College in order to request reimbursement for this benefit.
If you have questions:
A Health Benefits Administrator, is available to advise supervisors and employees on all aspects of the infertility treatment reimbursement process. Please contact the Human Resources Benefits office at (603) 646-3588 and ask to speak to a Health Benefits Administrator today.
Last Updated: 3/10/16