Home >




State of New Hampshire Youth Employment Requirements

Per New Hampshire law, youths under the age of 18must have written permission from a parent or legal guardian for a child to work.
    • Youths aged 14 or 15 are required to complete a youth work certificate. This certificate is obtain through the completion of the Employers' Request for Child Labor Form (pdf).
    • Youths aged 16 or 17must complete a Parental Permission Form (pdf)
      *Note: Youths aged 16 or 17 years who have graduated from high school or obtained a general equivalency diploma are exempted from this rule.
All completed youth work certificates and parental permission forms must be sent to the Payroll Office before employment can begin. Completed forms can be sent via campus mail to Hinman Box 6161 or via US Mail to 7 Lebanon - Suite 309, Hanover NH 03755.
For additional information, please see the New Hampshire Department of Labor Youth Employment Regulations or Youth Employment FAQs.