Emotional well-being is being aware of and accepting of your feelings and being able to manage your emotions in a constructive and supportive way, and having the tools and resources needed to navigate life's challenges.
Faculty/Employee Assistance Program (F/EAP)
Your Dartmouth College Faculty/Employee Assistance Program, in partnership with GuidanceResources, gives you and your household members confidential support, resources and information for personal and work-life issues. These services are provided at no charge to you.
The Headspace app is science-backed meditation. Mindfulness has been shown to help people stress less, increase focus, and sleep more soundly. Meditation helps you to be more mindful – and Headspace is your personal guide, with thousands of meditations and exercises for sleep, focus, and movement.
Cigna: Virtual Behavioral Care Options
If you are enrolled on a Cigna medical plan through Dartmouth College, there are a variety of virtual behavioral health care resources available to you.
Visit mycigna.com (Find Care & Costs - Talk to a doctor via phone or video - Counseling) to view more details including any associated costs.
- MDLive telehealth services offers care for behavioral/mental health care. Watch this short video to learn more. MDLive provides access 24/7/365 - even on weekends and holidays. Connect with quality licensed counselors and psychiatrists anywhere via video or phone (board-certified doctors/pediatricians are also available for minor medical care).
- TalkSpace is an online therapy platform for you to connect with a licensed behavioral therapist via text, video and voice.
- Ginger is an app-based platform to access behavioral health coaches via chat text any time you need immediate support. Plus, access licenced therapists and psychiatrists for therapy via video with flexible hours, including weekends and evenings - all from the privacy of your smartphone.
- iPrevail App - Learn how to boost your mood and improve mental health with on-demand coaching 24/7. After completing a brief assessment, you receive a program tailored to your needs that includes interactive lessons and tools. You get access to a peer coach who is matched based on your symptoms. You can also join support communities focused on stress, anxiety, depression and more. Free for Cigna members.
- Happify App - Everyday stressors can impact your relationships, work, health and emotional well-being. But you can change your outlook – and the way you see the world – with Happify. Happify’s science-based activities and games are designed to help you manage stress and build resilience, and can be accessed 24/7. Free for Cigna members.
Learn more here or view Cigna's virtual guide to behavioral health programs available here.
Looking to meet with a local provider? Cigna has a comprehensive network of behavioral health providers. Visit mycigna.com or call the number on your ID card to find a provider near you. Plus, if the provider is also in Cigna's EAP network, you can receive three face-to-face sessions per year at no out of pocket cost (you need to retrieve an authorization code from myCigna.com before your first appointment - after logging in to mycigna.com, hover over 'Coverage' and select 'Employee Assistance Program' then click on 'EAP Counselor' in the 'Emotional Health & Family Support' section, and select 'Get an EAP code' or call Cigna to obtain your EAP code. Please note: Cigna's EAP network is completely separate from Dartmouth's Faculty/Employee Assistance Program network and does not provide the same benefits.
Yoga, Movement & Mindfulness
Access free live and recorded yoga, movement, and mindfulness sessions.
The Wellness at Dartmouth office offers free live and pre-recorded webinars covering a variety of topics to help support your emotional well-being.
Tucker Center for Spiritual and Ethical Life
The Tucker Center provides pastoral counseling, free mindfulness sessions, and provides access to a walking labyrinth as well as prayer and meditation rooms.
Additional Support Resources
For additional support resources to help you cope during the COVID-19 pandemic, visit our Coping Resources webpage.