Wellness at Dartmouth is here to help you thrive in 2021. We are pleased to offer opportunities that will promote a healthy new year for us all and we encourage you to get involved by completing some or all of the below well-being action items.
Nicotine cessation (quitting tobacco use) can be a challenge, but it’s possible, especially when you are able to draw upon your strengths to make and sustain the change. Click here to learn about tobacco cessation resources available to you.
Get Engaged with your Wellness Program Option!
The wellness program option you elected during Open Enrollment went into effect on January 1, 2020 (new employees will have a different effective date based on when benefits are elected).
- Pulse participants have an opportunity to earn up to $400 in 2021 (up to $800/family if your spouse is enrolled on your health plan through Dartmouth College).
- Get ready for monthly healthy habit challenges, daily health tips, MOVE IT Challenges, yoga and mindfulness resources, and more!
- Learn more about the 2021 reimbursement form and program details.
- Provides you with a free Dartmouth Fitness Basic level annual membership (value: $395) beginning July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022.
- If you would like to upgrade to a Plus level membership, providing you to access to Zimmerman Fitness Center, you will be able to do so by paying the additional cost ($100).
Dartmouth College offers Omada®, a digital lifestyle change program that can help you lose weight, feel fantastic, and develop long-term healthy habits.
If you or your adult family members (18+) are at risk for type 2 diabetes or heart disease, and are enrolled in a Dartmouth College medical plan, you may be eligible for this program. Plus, the College will cover the entire cost of the program — a $650 value.
Participants in Omada will receive:
- An interactive program to guide your journey
- A wireless smart scale to monitor your progress
- Weekly online lessons to empower you
- A professional Omada health coach to keep you on track
- A small online group of participants to keep you engaged
The Lone Pine Recognition Program provides a variety of ways in which we recognize employees for their outstanding contributions to Dartmouth. This comprehensive program aims to foster a deeper culture of appreciation across campus by recognizing the efforts of our colleagues; promoting collaboration and teamwork; acknowledging the value of diversity and inclusion; and honoring staff who excel at their jobs and exhibit behaviors that model the core values of the College.
Thrive during the COVID-19 Pandemic
The pandemic can cause stress and anxiety. Cope and thrive during the pandemic by staying active, getting outside, eating nutritious foods, taking relaxation breaks, sleeping well, and staying positive.
Find tips on supporting your emotional well-being, remote work, energy breaks, parenting, and more here.
Stay Connected with Wellness at Dartmouth
Sign up for the Wellness at Dartmouth newsletter. Wellness at Dartmouth sends out a monthly newsletter that highlights health and well-being articles, food and exercise tips, and keeps you informed about upcoming events. Subscribe for a fun way to stay connected and motivated!
Sign up for a Webinar
A variety of workshops and webinars are offered each month on well-being topics such as mindfulness, healthy eating, sleep, managing finances, parenting, and more!
Join Dartmouth Health Connect for an innovative relationship-based primary care practice that gives you the type of health care you deserve. Receive 24/7 access to your care team, no cost for office visits, and access to physicians, nurses, health coaches, and an in-house behavioral health specialist. Open to all employees and adult family members (18+) enrolled in a health plan through Dartmouth College (you cannot be contributing to or receiving contributions to a Health Savings Account). Now welcoming Medicare patients.
Become a Wellness Ambassador!
Are you enthusiastic about health and well-being and seek to foster a healthy culture within our Dartmouth community? Consider joining over 40 Wellness Ambassadors as an extension of the Wellness at Dartmouth office. Find out how to become a Wellness Ambassador.