Workshops & Fitness Classes
The Wellness at Dartmouth office offers free webinars covering a variety of topics to help support your well-being. All webinars are recorded and posted below in the on-demand library.
Our office is also offering several virtual fitness classes to help you increase your movement, relax and connect with others.
In addition, there are several other mindfulness sessions you can take advantage of to help find your calm.
Check out the upcoming schedule below.
Working & Parenting During a Pandemic Support Group - 2nd Thursday of the Month
- Date: 2nd Thursday of the Month
- Time: 12 - 1 PM
- Register Now: May 13
Coping with Uncertainty: How to manage ongoing stress with our new normal
- Time: 12 - 1 PM
- Location: Zoom
- Register Now: May 19
Healthy Cooking Demo - 2nd Tuesday of the Month
Learn about additional webinars/events taking place during the Flourishing at Dartmouth: A Week for Renewal & Growth between May 17 - May 21 here.
To access the on-demand webinar library to view other free webinars, click here.
Join us for a free virtual fitness class! Whether you're looking to just add more movement into your day, relax and stretch, connect with others, or you are prioritizing some "me" time, we encourage you to take advantage of these classes.
Spring yoga classes start April 13! New season, new growth, new opportunities. Stretch, reach, shine and breathe. Three levels of yoga, three different times. Register today!
Morning Slow Flow: Tuesdays 7 - 8am
Gentle Yoga: Wednesdays 12 - 1pm
Restore & Renew: Thursdays 5:15 - 6pm
Looking for more yoga? Check out the Student Wellness Center for live and pre-recorded yoga classes (open to faculty and staff!).
Mindfulness Meditation Drop-In Sessions
We will "gather" via Zoom to take a collective moment to slow down, reflect, and reconnect with our deepest intentions. Each session will include an opening and closing meditation, along with optional time for sharing and checking-in. No experience necessary. Open to students, faculty & staff. Brought to you by the Student Wellness Center.
- Find dates and zoom links here, as well as access a variety of recorded meditations.
Mindfulness Practice Group: Wednesdays at 8a
The Mindfulness Practice Group for faculty and staff meets weekly from 8:00-9:00 am every Wednesday virtually. The group meditates together for 30 minutes each week and then discusses a chapter from a relevant book or questions and issues related to meditation practice. All are welcome. Anyone interested is encouraged to join. Brought to you by the Tucker Center.
- Date: Wednesdays
- Time: 8 am
- Location: Attend via Zoom
- Contact Tucker.Center@dartmouth.edu to be added to the email list and connect with a weekly Zoom Mindfulness Sit.
All of our previously offered webinars are recorded and linked below. There are a lot of great topics. Check them out!
- Living Nicotine Free
- Healthy Lifestyles: Changing the way you think about diet & exercise
- Eating Healthy on a Budget
- Get Moving: An Introduction to Exercise
- Sleep: An Essential Component of Health & Well-being
- From Smoker to Smoke Free
- Kids & Meals: It doesn't have to be a Battleground
- Encouraging Kids to be Active
- Mindfulness: Being Present in your Work & Life
- Learning to Relax
- Using Guided Imagery for Wellness & Stress Reduction
- Connecting Mind & Body for Healthy Living
- Tools to Handle Stress
- Emotional Eating: The Connection Between Mood and Food (use these slides to follow along)
- Managing Worry & Anxiety
- Managing Holiday Stress
- Gratitude: A Skill for Happier Living
- Mental Fitness for Optimal Brain Power
- Using Kindness to Achieve Personal Success and Happiness
- Financial Planning for Life
- Five Pillars of Personal Finance
- Managing Personal Finances
- Options for Financing College
- The Psychology Behind Saving Money
- 10 Strategies for Improving your Finances
- After the Holidays: Managing That Debt
- Work-Life Balance in a Work from Home Environment
- Secrets to Self-Motivation
- Cutting Through the Clutter
- Enjoying Your Empty Nest
- Hobbies for Mental & Physical Health
- The Sandwich Generation: Balancing Your Personal Life with the Needs of Your Older Parents or Loved Ones
- No Such Thing as a Perfect Parent
- Communication Skills for Families
- Kids and the Internet: Becoming a Cyber Savvy Parent
- Coping with Pandemic Anxiety as Kids Return to School
- Sailing On: A Guide to Transitioning into Retirement