Dartmouth Fitness Membership at Alumni Gym Benefit
About the Benefit
This benefit provides a free Dartmouth Fitness annual membership to Alumni Gym.
- Dartmouth Fitness membership provides access to the indoor racquet and squash courts, indoor track and gymnasium, and the swimming pools within Alumni Gym. It also provides access to Zimmerman Fitness Center (the upstairs area of Alumni Gym), which has a wide selection of cardio and strength training equipment.
If you are a new hire in 2022, and elect this benefit, your membership will be effective from July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023 (value: $450). You must purchase your membership by 5pm on December 22, 2022.
New for 2023! Memberships will begin on January 1, 2023 for employees who elect the Dartmouth Fitness Membership Wellness Benefit during Open Enrollment for 2023; all other memberships will remain on a fiscal year cycle.
- If you elect this benefit during Open Enrollment and are a current Dartmouth Fitness member at Alumni Gym, and paid out of pocket for your current membership, you will receive a refund of $225 by February 1, 2023; the value of your Wellness Benefit for 2023 will be $450.
- If you elect this benefit during Open Enrollment and have the Dartmouth Fitness Membership wellness benefit for 2022, and are a current Dartmouth Fitness member at Alumni Gym, the value of your Wellness Benefit for 2023 will be $225 as you have already received and been taxed on the value of a full year’s membership through June 30, 2023.
The Dartmouth Fitness Membership wellness benefit option is available to active benefits-eligible employees only. Other community members, including spouses, may pay out of pocket for a membership.
- This benefit is considered taxable income and applicable taxes will be withheld from payroll.
- There will be no tax refunds if you get a refund on your membership; consult with a tax advisor.
- Gym lockers are not included in this benefit.
- FLIP classes are not included in the Dartmouth Fitness Membership option. However, if you elect the Fitness Reimbursement Benefit as your wellness program option, you may use this towards FLIP class fees.