Non-Federal Limited Deadlines
Below is a list of upcoming programs with proposal submission restrictions. Please make sure to check each individual opportunity announcement for eligibility, specific deadline and submission information. This is not a comprehensive list of all limited submission proposals, and while this page will be updated regularly, it should be used in conjunction with other grant information resources available from individual funding agency websites. *Important: If a program has a limited submission requirement and you do not see it on the list below, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org and follow the procedure outlined here.
For faculty-rank researchers born in or after 1981, in these three categories:
Physical Sciences & Engineering
One award will be made in each category. Age-limit exceptions considered in exceptional circumstances. The Academy strongly encourages the nomination of women and members of other historically underrepresented groups in science and engineering.
Dartmouth may nominate one person in each category. To apply for this opportunity, email the following to email@example.com: one-page description of your project idea; total amount of your funding request; current CV. Use "Blavatnik" as the email subject line.
- Funder: Blavatnik Family Foundation, New York Academy of Sciences
- Amount: $250,000
- Internal Deadline: 09/16/2022
- External Deadline: 11/09/2022
- Dartmouth may nominate one person in each category
For young leaders who have had limited experience of Asia and who might not otherwise have an opportunity in the normal course of their careers to live and work in Asia. Luce Scholars work in public health, the arts, economic development, environmental science, and many more fields through NGOs, government agencies, private companies, universities, think tanks and museums. Must be U.S. citizen and still under age 32 as of July 1.
The Dartmouth College Committee on Graduate Fellowships may nominate three candidates. See Dartmouth's Luce Scholars Program web page for information on how to apply internally.
- Funder: Henry Luce Foundation
- Amount: Not Specified
- Internal Deadline: 10/01/2022
- External Deadline: 10/15/2022
- The Dartmouth College Committee on Graduate Fellowships may nominate three candidates
For a peer-reviewed publication reporting a scientific breakthrough with the potential for global deployment to address one or more of these threats to the sustainability of Earth systems:
Loss of Biodiversity
Biogeochemical flows (e.g., nitrogen and phosphorus)
Land use change
Overuse of freshwater
Stratospheric ozone layer
Atmospheric aerosol loading
Novel entities (man-made chemicals entering the environment)
Eligibility: scientists who lead a research team and reported their breakthrough research in peer-reviewed journals during calendar years 2021 and 2022. Online information sessions are offered September 6-14.
- Funder: Frontiers Research Foundation
- Amount: $1,000,000
- Internal Deadline: 10/10/2022
- External Deadline: 12/31/2022
- Dartmouth may nominate three candidates. To apply for this opportunity, download and complete this application form describing your research paper, and email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 10