DBIC Scheduling

General info

Courtney Rogers (Courtney.Rogers@Dartmouth.EDU) facilitates the scheduling of time in the fMRI scanner. Researchers should request access to the DBIC scanner calendar from Courtney Rogers. An Outlook calendar will be shared with researchers so that they can view scanner availability. Requests for scan time should be made by email to Courtney.

Peak scan time is Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm.

Off-peak scan time Monday-Friday, after 4:00pm, and all day Saturday/Sunday

Scheduling tiers

Beginning September 1, 2021, the DBIC will offer three scheduling tiers, as described below. Requests for each tier will be compiled by Courtney Rogers, with time to be allocated by the close of the 5th business day of the scheduling period. The DBIC scheduling practice will no longer be a first come, first serve model within tier 1 or tier 2.

Tier 1 – Grant-funded (any external)

  • Booking window opens on 1st of preceding month (e.g., requests for the entire month of October are submitted on/after September 1) – requests may be submitted for the first 4 business days of the month.
  • Labs may request peak and off-peak time for the entire month
  • Tier 1 requests will be restricted to a maximum (across all tier 1 labs) of 60% of the available time each week for each of peak (24 hrs), off-peak (~44 hrs) each week, leaving 40% of peak / off-peak time per week free for tier 2
  • Tier 1 priority will be given by project up to 2 independent grant-funded projects per lab

Tier 2 – DOF-funded (startup, dissertation, honors thesis, 3rd+ funded projects from a lab)

  • Booking window opens on 8th of preceding month – (e.g., requests for the entire month of October are submitted on/after September 8) - requests may be submitted for the next 4 business days of the month
  • Priority by project up to 2 independent DOF-funded projects per lab 

Tier 3 – all projects

  • Booking window opens on 16th of preceding month (e.g., requests for the entire month of October are submitted on/after September 16) and will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the end of the month
  • First-come, first served (requests will be reviewed/approved immediately)
     

2023 request deadlines

 

Tier 1 open

Tier 1 close

Tier 2 open

Tier 2 close

Tier 3 open

April Wed, 3/1 Mon, 3/6 @ 4pm Wed, 3/8 Mon, 3/13 @ 4pm Thurs, 3/16
May Sat, 4/1 Thurs, 4/6 @ 4pm Sat, 4/8 Thurs, 4/13 @ 4pm Sun, 4/16
June Mon, 5/1 Thurs, 5/4 @ 4pm Mon, 5/8 Thurs, 5/11 @ 4pm Tues, 5/16
July Thurs, 6/1 Tues, 6/6 @ 4pm Thurs, 6/8 Tues, 6/13 @ 4pm Fri, 6/16
August Sat, 7/1 Thurs, 7/6 @ 4pm Sat, 7/8 Thurs, 7/13 @ 4pm Sun, 7/16
September Tues, 8/1 Fri, 8/4 @ 4pm Tues, 8/8 Fri, 8/11 @ 4pm Wed, 8/16
October Fri, 9/1 Wed, 9/6 @ 4pm Fri, 9/8 Wed, 9/13 @ 4pm Sat, 9/16
November
Sun, 10/1 Thurs, 10/5 @ 4pm Sun, 10/8 Thurs, 10/12 @ 4pm Mon, 11/16
December
Wed, 11/1 Mon, 11/6 @ 4pm Wed, 11/8 Mon, 11/13 @ 4pm Thurs, 11/16

DBIC calendar