Media Course Reserves
Two ways to access films online:
Films streamed by Jones Media Center are in Canvas
- Log on to Canvas and select your course.
- Select the Course Media Gallery link in the left sidebar.
- Select the image for the film you wish to view. A player will open for the film, providing controls for full-screen viewing, play, fast forward, etc.
Other films are available in the Library Catalog
Some videos are available via online collections that the Library subscribes to.
- Search for the film by title in the Library Catalog. Click the entry and then follow the link to Streaming Video.
- Select the film from the Reserves list for the course. This list also includes hard copies (DVD and VHS), which can be viewed in the media center.
- Please submit request forms before the start of the upcoming term, as soon as the syllabus has been determined.
- To order new titles for the library collection, please contact your subject specialist.
- Materials remain on reserve for the duration of the term, through the last day of final exams.
- Faculty may grant permission for another professor to use their reserve items by sending a brief note to: Jones.Media.Center@dartmouth.edu
- Online access (streaming)
- Items that are required viewing assignments may be requested for online (streaming) access. To expedite access for the 120+ courses that we support each term, we will prioritize the first 10 items on each list. Additional items may take more time to process.
- Items posted online must be owned or licensed by Dartmouth College Library or a College department.