Evans Map Room
The Map Room is named in honor of the Evans Family (Barbara & R. Bradford Evans '64).
The Evans Map Room is located on the second floor of the Berry Library, next to the Jones Media Center.
Beginning March 16, 2022, the Map Room is open to all visitors 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Masks are not required.
We stop printing at 4:30 pm.
- If you wish to see Art Special items, you can make an appointment for a specific time or walk-in if you wish. Appointment times are available Monday through Friday. Click here to see available times and to make an appointment.
- Appointments must be made at least 36 hours in advance of the time desired.
- Those appointments are 45 minutes each. If you need more time, you can book back-to-back appointments.
- The Bloomberg terminals are no longer in the Map Room.
- If you have more questions, please call the Map Room at (603) 646-0962.
See local COVID-19 maps for New Hampshire & Vermont.
Celebrate Geography Awareness Week and GIS Day. Celebrate all things geographic in your life! Coming on Wednesday, November 16, 2022!
On the cover of Popular Mechanics, the July/August 2020 issue is the following statement: "Here's to the most underappreciated technology of our history -- and our future, Maps: humankind's greatest tool."
Giada Peterle (2018). "Carto-fiction: narrativising maps through creative writing." Social & Cultural Geography.
Number 37 on the list of "101 Reasons to Love Dartmouth" from the Dartmouth Alumni Magazine.
Summer internships are available again at Esri. Click here for more information.
The International Map Year
Information & News
- Entire Sanborn Map Collection (LoC)
- WaterWatch (USGS)
- Earthquakes (USGS)
- Tsunamis (NOAA)
- Tsunamis (USGS)
- Hurricanes (NOAA)
- Hurricanes (USGS/WARC)
- Maps of NH (NH Fish & Game)
Need a map for a paper?
Need geographical information?
Visit the Evans Map Room for assistance.