Evans Map Room
The Map Room is named in honor of the Evans Family (Barbara & R. Bradford Evans '64).
The Evans Map Room is located on the second floor of the Berry Library, next to the Jones Media Center.
Beginning August 2, 2021, the Map Room will be open from 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday.
- During this time, all users are welcome to visit.
- If you wish to visit the Map Room to see maps or Art Special items, you can still make an appointment if you wish. Appointment times are available Monday through Friday. Click here to see available times and to make an appointment.
- Appointments must be made at least 36 hours in advance of the time desired.
- Those appointments are 45 minutes each. If you need more time, you can book back-to-back appointments.
- There are also 2 GIS terminals which are available 10 am to 12 noon and 1 to 4 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Email the map room at email@example.com for availability and appointments.
- We will email you back with appointment times, a link to make an appointment to enter the Baker-Berry building and other details.
- The Bloomberg terminals are no longer in the Map Room.
- If you have more questions, please call the Map Room at (603) 646-0962.
On the cover of Popular Mechanics, the July/August 2020 issue is the following statement: "Here's to the most underappreciated technology of our history -- and our future, Maps: humankind's greatest tool."
Giada Peterle (2018). "Carto-fiction: narrativising maps through creative writing." Social & Cultural Geography.
The "D": "Behind the Curtain: The Evans Map Room," February 9, 2014 (online)
Caquard, S. & Fiset, J-P. (2014). How can we map stories? A cybercartographic application for narrative cartography. Journal of Maps, 10, 18-25.
Summer internships are available again at Esri. Click here for more information.
Information & News
- Entire Sanborn Map Collection (LoC)
- WaterWatch (USGS)
- Earthquakes (USGS)
- Tsunamis (NOAA)
- Tsunamis (USGS)
- Hurricanes (NOAA)
- Hurricanes (USGS/WARC)
- Maps of NH (NH Fish & Game)
Need a map for a paper?
Need geographical information?
Visit the Evans Map Room for assistance.