Evans Map Room
The Map Room is named in honor of the Evans Family (Barbara & R. Bradford Evans '64).
The Evans Map Room is located on the second floor of the Berry Library, next to the Jones Media Center.
The Map Room is open limited hours and limited access for the next few months.
- At this time, access is limited to current students, staff and faculty at Dartmouth.
- If you wish to visit the Map Room to see maps or Art Special items, click here to make an appointment.
- Appointments are available Mondays, 1-4 pm; Tuesdays & Wednesdays, 9 am-12 noon and 1-4 pm.
- Appointments must be made at least 36 hours in advance of the time desired.
- Those appointments are 45 minutes each. If you need more time, you can book back-to-back appointments.
- There are also 2 GIS terminals which have appointment times of an 1 hour and 45 minutes each.
- There is no drop-in access available at this time.
- The Bloomberg terminals have moved temporarily out of the Map Room for this time period.
- Come directly to the Evans Map Room on the 2nd floor of Berry Library at the time of your appointment.
- All users in the map room are expected to abide by the College's rules on social distancing and mask wearing.
- If you have more questions, please call the Map Room at (603) 646-0962.
On the cover of Popular Mechanics, the July/August 2020 issue is the following statement: "Here's to the most underappreciated technology of our history -- and our future, Maps: humankind's greatest tool."
Giada Peterle (2018). "Carto-fiction: narrativising maps through creative writing." Social & Cultural Geography.
The "D": "Behind the Curtain: The Evans Map Room," February 9, 2014 (online)
Caquard, S. & Fiset, J-P. (2014). How can we map stories? A cybercartographic application for narrative cartography. Journal of Maps, 10, 18-25.
Summer internships are available again at Esri. Click here for more information.
Information & News
- Entire Sanborn Map Collection (LoC)
- WaterWatch (USGS)
- Earthquakes (USGS)
- Tsunamis (NOAA)
- Tsunamis (USGS)
- Hurricanes (NOAA)
- Hurricanes (USGS/WARC)
- Maps of NH (NH Fish & Game)
Need a map for a paper?
Need geographical information?
Visit the Evans Map Room for assistance.