Welcome to the Jones Media Center!
Innovation, Collaboration, and Recreation
How can we help you today?
Looking for videos?
- Course Reserves: Find assigned videos with a simple search of course number or faculty name
- To locate other videos, use the search box at the top of this page, OR
- Browse media collections: By genre and language
Resources for Faculty
- Course Reserves: Information about course reserves and forms to request reserves for the current or upcoming term.
- Media Projects at Dartmouth: Find advice and view past course projects
- Multimedia Resources Guide: A wealth of information for you and your students.
Need a place to work or study?
Learn more about all of our facilities on our Spaces page.
Need a teaching space? A presentation space? A light-duty studio space?
The Innovation Studio transforms easily between a teaching and presentation space, and a small black-box filming studio. The Innovation Studio also features an 8-screen video wall for greater impact and multi-source viewing. (Reserve)
Starting a new multimedia project?
- Equipment: We have a wide variety of consumer and prosumer audio and video equipment available to borrow for free. Equipment pick up and return is available Monday - Friday from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm. Equipment check-out, pick up, or return is NOT available on Saturdays or Sundays. Find out more on our equipment page.
- Software: Our lab machines feature the latest software for your media projects. Learn more.
Need help or training?
We are offering in-person and remote digital media workshops for students, faculty and staff! Zoom sessions and in-person workshops cover online resources, media equipment instruction, introduction to editing software and more. If you're interested but unsure of how to go about assigning a media project through remote teaching and learning or in person, we can help! We are also offering 'Workshops on Demand'. We will conduct media workshops for 5 or more people on a variety of software such as iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere and more! Just email us at Jones.Media.Center@Dartmouth.edu for a consultation!
- Our Quick Reference Tutorials provide step-by-step instructions for frequently asked technical questions.
- A/V Consulting: Need professional advice or training? Contact us!.
Looking for access to software?
Dartmouth has made Adobe Creative Cloud applications available FREE to all Arts and Science undergraduate students and Guarini graduate students. For instructions and support on how to access the applications go to Dartmouth Service Portal: Adobe Creative Cloud Software. In addition, Adobe Creative Cloud is available on all Jones Media Center iMac computers.
News & Events
The JMC SPACE is open during regular Library hours. The JMC CIRCULATION DESK is open 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday. JMC staff is available for in-person AND virtual consultation. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at Jones.Media.Center@Dartmouth.edu
Equipment pick up and return is available Monday - Friday from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm. Equipment check-out, pick up, or return is NOT available on Saturdays or Sundays.