Sherman Art Library
Sherman Art Library is closed, but our services are available! See details below.
In order to protect the health and safety of the Library staff and the Dartmouth community, Sherman Art Library will remain closed for the academic year 2020-21. We encourage you to continue to connect with the Visual Arts Librarian and Baker Berry Library staff for access to the collections.
- Books from the Sherman Art Library Stacks can be made available for pickup at Baker-Berry Library. Sign into the Dartmouth Library catalog and use the Request link in the catalog record or follow the instructions on this video
- Schedule a Zoom appointment with our Visual Arts Librarian
- Students & Faculty may schedule an appointment in the Evans Map Room to view items from the Art Special Collection, for more information click here
- Don’t see your question here? Contact Library staff for more assistance
- More information and updates about the Library’s services, including reservation procedures and opening hours for Baker-Berry Library, can be found here
Developed in 1929, Sherman Art Library is part of Carpenter Hall, and is connected to the Baker-Berry Library. The library supports all aspects of the curriculum, with special focus on the subject areas of Art History, and Studio Art, as well as support for the Hood Museum of Art. The extensive collection of books, periodicals, and online resources, includes exhibition catalogs from art museums and galleries around the world, image databases, and the Art Special Collection, which features handmade artists' books, facsimiles, catalogues raisonnés, and other rare items.
The Sherman Art Library in 1929