Communication is key to ensuring the safety of students, faculty, staff, and administration during an emergency. This involves effectively providing information to you as well as monitoring developing events in a rapidly changing environment.
How We Plan to Communicate with You
Dartmouth has several channels through which information will be made available to during an emergency, including:
What You Can Do
- Register for DartAlert.
- Review information regarding common hazards and emergency procedures for Hanover and Dartmouth.
- Review the Department of Safety & Security safety tips.
- Remain calm and go about your normal activities.
- Be alert to suspicious activity, and be prepared if the worst happens.
- Be alert for news and instructions.
- Pay special attention to physical security (do not prop doors open; lock doors that have access to sensitive areas such as residence halls, laboratories, computer equipment, etc.).
- Make it a practice to communicate with friends and family about your daily schedule and plans.
- Review suggestions from other organizations listed to the right.