Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Guiding Principles
A mission statement for the Investment Office’s work on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- We believe Dartmouth’s Investment Office can be a catalyst for positive change in the investment management industry.
- The investment management industry can make considerable progress given the underrepresentation of diverse-owned firms. For example, according to one study by the Knight Foundation, women- and minority-owned firms manage well under 5% of industry assets. Our engagement can contribute to the evolution of the industry.
- The diversity within our Investment Office team is a strength. We are encouraged by the gender representation in our office but are cognizant of the opportunity to include other underrepresented groups.
- We believe we can have an impact by strengthening our efforts within the Investment
Office and engendering change through collaboration with existing and prospective
- Ensure that the Investment Office is well equipped to recruit and retain a diverse staff
- Use our investment knowledge to advance the educational mission of the College through internships, job shadows, and engagement with students and alumni
- Engage with existing managers to understand their approach to diversity, equity, and inclusion topics and work jointly to share best practices
- Continue to ensure that manager pipeline includes diverse and inclusive organizations
- Expand data collection on diversity, equity, and inclusion characteristics both in existing portfolio investments and pipeline managers
- We will commit ourselves to constant improvement through learning, listening, and incorporating best practices.