Investment Office Internship
The newly imagined DCIO internship program is designed to provide learning opportunities and credentials to Dartmouth undergraduates. We have significantly broadened the on-campus outreach and recruiting for the program to include students that may not have had prior exposure to investments and finance. Since its inception in Winter Term 2022, we have had six full-time interns join us in the Boston office for the ten-week program.
About the Internship
- Join the team in Boston, MA, for ten weeks during winter term and learn the ins and outs of how the Investment Office manages the College’s endowment
- Work alongside an experienced team and get exposure to a range of topics from asset allocation and portfolio management to evaluating investment managers and conducting due diligence. Understand how and why decisions are made
- Attend meetings as we engage with top investors from around the world
- Tackle a capstone project over the course of the internship that can inform investment decisions for years to come. Representative examples: What are the prospects for electric vehicles and battery technology, and how might they impact our investments? How does China’s stock market work, who are the participants, how is it changing?
- By the end of the program, you’ll have developed a foundation for investing and a
set of professional skills that will serve you well in an array of careers. Past interns
and analysts currently hold roles in various industries:
- Foundation/endowment/family office (COO/analyst/trustee)
- Venture capital firm (seed investor)
- Investment banks (VP/analyst)
- Management consulting (principal)
- Global tech company (product manager)
- Startup (software engineer)
- Boarding school (teacher)
Program & Application Details
The application period for Winter Term 2024 is now closed, please check back during Fall 2024 for details about Winter Term 2025.