Mail & Packages
During Spring term only students in residence can send or receive packages. If you are not in residence, your package will be returned to sender.
If you are expecting mail or packages, you will receive an email through our distribution
system within 24 hours of arrival.
The distribution message will be from SQYBX@donotreply.com.
Please check your junk mail/clutter boxes in case your privacy settings divert these messages from your inbox.
Hinman Mail will only be accepting mail/packages for undergraduate students permitted
to live in college housing. Students living off campus should make arrangements to
have all mail & packages sent to their off campus place of residence.
The Hinman Package Store will only ship mail/packages to students permitted to live in college housing.
Hinman Mail will notify students living on-campus by email that they may pick-up mail and packages at a designated time during business hours, Monday-Friday. Daily capacity will be limited. Hinman will not release mail and packages on demand outside of the scheduled pick-up time.
Undergraduate and Graduate Students
Shipment may be made by U.S. mail or by a shipping company such as Airborne, United Parcel Service, or Federal Express, so long as the shipment meets the companies' limits on the size and weight of packages that can be handled.
Freight shipments (by truck) will not be accepted.
Parcels and packages shipped to students are received at the Hinman Mail Center in the Hopkins Center for distribution.
- Mail and/or packages are delivered daily by the Hanover Post Office, FedEx and UPS.
- While your carrier may have sent an email stating your package has been delivered, the Hinman Mail team needs time to sort and process packages for delivery. Package processing time varies, depending on the volume of packages received.
- Every effort is made to have all packages processed and available for pick-up within 24 hours of receipt. You will receive an email from SQYBX@donotreply.com when your package is ready for pick-up at the Hinman pick-up window.
- Please be sure to bring your Dartmouth ID card when you retrieve your package.
- Packages, both domestic and international, will be returned if not picked up within 15 days of receipt.
Faculty, Staff and Department Offices
Packages shipped to faculty, staff or department offices from off-campus locations via carriers (such as USPS, Federal Express, United Postal Service or DHL) are delivered directly to their building by these carriers, and should be addressed as such to the building’s USPS mailing address.
Proper Name or Department Name
Building name and room #
#### Hinman (where #### is the department Hinman Box number)
Hanover, NH 03755