The Thermo Scientific™ Helios™ 5 CX DualBeam combines the innovative Elstar™ Electron Column for ultra-high-resolution imaging and the highest materials contrast (the resolution can reach 0.6 nm at 30 kV STEM and 15 kV and 0.9 nm at 1 kV) with the superior Tomahawk™ Focused Ion Beam (FIB) Column for the fastest, easiest and most precise high-quality sample preparation. This instrument incorporates a suite of state-of-the-art technologies that enables simple and consistent imaging and sample preparation. The microscope is equipped with the QuickLoader™ Vacuum Technology: Loadlock for fast sample exchange without breaking system vacuum and the CryoMAT™ Kit for cryo applications allowing for easier and more practical operation than a generic full cryo transfer system. The temperature is microprocessor controlled and the stability is better than +/- 1 °C with an operating range of +50 °C to -190 °C.
The microscope has a fast beam blanker and can be controlled by a Nanometer Pattern Generation System (NPGS), which is an electron-beam lithography system. More information at: https://www.jcnabity.com/
It is equipped with two X-Ray detectors (the Oxford Instruments UltimMax 100 and the Ultim Extreme 100) and an EBSP camera (Oxford Instruments Symmetry).
Of particular interest for sample preparation:
Leica ACE600 High Resolution Coater (currently set for Au/Pd and Carbon).
Also available: Osmium plasma coater
Samdri 795 critical point dryer
200 KV Field Emission TEM, equipped with:
- Gatan OneView CMOS 4K camera.
- Bruker Quantax 200 Energy Dispersive X-Ray Spectrometer with XFlash 6T/30 SDD (30mm2 active area)
- Single-tilt holder
- Low-background double-tilt holder
- OF POSSIBLE INTEREST:
- Gatan Double Tilt Heating Holder Model 652
- Gatan Single Tilt Heating Straining Holder Model 672
- FEI Vitrobot
- Gatan Turbo Pumping Station Model 655
- Gatan Single Tilt Liquid Nitrogen Cryo Transfer Holder Model 626
- Gatan Model 1905 Temperature Controller
- Quorum Technologies Glocube. A glow discharge system
- Leica EM TP (tissue processor)
- Leica UM UC7 (ultramicrotome)
- Leica UM UC6 (ultramicrotome)
- Olympus BX43 optical microscope
Super easy to use and perfect for most undergraduate projects (contact: Daniel Cullen firstname.lastname@example.org or 6-0282) EDAX SDD X-ray microanalysis system with Octane Pro 30 mm2 detector and Apex software.