Research at Rauner
COVID-19 Research Precautions
*Currently, Rauner Library cannot provide on-site access to its collections for non-Dartmouth community members. We are hopeful that we will be able to welcome visiting researchers onsite again in August, but the situation remains fluid, so we are unable to set a definitive date.*
Onsite research will be limited to Dartmouth faculty, staff, and students cleared to use campus facilities. Visits will occur on an appointment-only basis, Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, and 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm. Appointments need to be made at least one working day in advance (two if using Records Management collections) so that we can adequately prepare materials.
How to Make an Appointment:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In many cases, we’ll want to start with a conversation via e-mail or Zoom about your needs before scheduling a time for your visit.
- If you know what materials you’ll need to look at, let us know what they are.
- If you’re not sure what you need, we can help you identify materials and set up an appointment for a later date.
- Please keep in mind that we will need at least one working day in advance of your visit, and sometimes more based on materials and availability.
We recommend bringing your own camera or phone if you need images of materials, as scan orders will be significantly delayed by staffing requirements. A camera stand with a smartphone mount will be available if needed.
We appreciate your patience and care during this time.