Skip to main content
Home >  Insurance

Dartmouth College Insurance Program

Dartmouth College maintains an appropriate level of insurance for General Liability, Workers' Compensation, Auto Liability, Professional Liability, Property, Fine Arts and other necessary insurance policies. The majority of policies are for a twelve month period and renew annually.

All matters concerning insurance, including placement of insurance, costs, incident reporting, processing of claims, etc. should be referred to the Office of Risk and Internal Controls Services.

If a company, individual or other third party requests proof of Dartmouth's insurance coverage, please contact the Office of Risk and Internal Controls Services at (603) 646-2442. A Certificate of Insurance, indicating Trustees of Dartmouth College as the "insured" can be provided upon request.

Foreign General Liability and Auto Insurance

A foreign liability policy provides coverages for the College, its faculty and staff while participating in conferences, teaching exchange programs, and other College related travel throughout the world. The policy provides General Liability, Contingent Automobile Liability Coverage, Benefits for Voluntary Compensation, Executive Assistant Services, Emergency Evacuation, and Employers Liability Coverage. The travel assistance coverage provides access to medical, personal and travel assistance services and requires an identification card. To obtain an ID card, travelers must contact the Office of Risk and Internal Controls Services at (603) 646-2442 prior to the date of travel. Card privileges are limited to College travel and are not valid for vacation or leisure travel.

Last Updated: 2/28/17