Book Arts Workshop Mission Statement
The mission of the Book Arts Workshop is to…
- introduce students and other members of the Dartmouth College community to the craft of letterpress printing and hand bookbinding.
- promote an understanding of the art and history of the printed and written word.
- expose members of the Dartmouth College community to the rich library resources available to them for scholarly research into the history of the book.
To support this mission and in collaboration with Special Collections, Studio Art Department, and others, the Book Arts Program sponsors…
- the Book Arts Workshop, a free workshop open to all members of the Dartmouth College community that provides instruction and workshop space for letterpress printing and hand bookbinding.
- seminars and workshops with nationally known book artists, binders and typographers.
- the Book Arts Prize for excellence in printing and bookbinding.
- exhibits displaying the items created in the workshop and examples from the library collection of excellence in printing and binding.