Art Materials : Location and Classification Guidelines
Gives guidelines for stack location and classification of materials for Sherman Art Library.
Please apply the following guidelines when determining how Art materials newly ordered by the library should be shelved and classed.
Library materials ordered on Art funds or by the Art bibliographer
- If they have an LC classification number in one of the following schedules: AM, N-NX, SB, T-TX, Z, send them to Sherman.
- If they have an LC classification number that is not in the list above, send them to Baker/Berry. There is no need to question the selectors involved.
- If they have an LC classification number that is not appropriate for either Sherman or Baker/Berry, please show the materials to a supervisor.
Library materials ordered by a non-Art bibliographer that are classified in N
- If library materials ordered by a Baker/Berry bibliographers are classified in N, send to Sherman
- If materials ordered by bibliographers in other affiliated libraries are classified in N, send to the affiliated library.
NOTE There is no need to question the Art bibliographer.
TIP Sherman Special accepts all classification numbers. This includes material ordered as artists' books, which may be sent to Sherman Special even if they are not classified in N.