FO&M policies focus on life safety and the consistent use of campus buildings.
A number of building policies focus on life safety and building maintenance.
- The policy to Display of Objects on College Buildings requires prior authorization to display flags, banners, signs, and other objects on certain buildings
- The Electrical Appliances policy requires use of energy-efficient appliances on campus
- Fire and Safety policy helps assure safety of building occupants
- The Fire Watch policy covers Dartmouth’s Fire Watch procedures for campus-owned buildings per State of NH Fire Marshall recommendations
- The Impairment Notification policy outlines the process by which people can request and gain approval to impair a Dartmouth building’s life safety system.
- Open Flames in Residence Halls policy helps assure safety in residence halls
- Sleeping overnight in non-dorm buildings is a strickly enforce fire law
- The Use of Dartmouth Facilities policy describes how to reserve a facility for an on-campus event
Energy Management policies
- Electrical Vehicle Chargers on Campus describes the process to acquire, locate, and install EV charging stations on campus.
- The Energy Conservation policy establishes building temperature conditions
- Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Panels on Campus outlines the protocols for solar PV panel installations.
- Managing Utilities for New Buildings and Major Building Renovations describes that a capital project must pay for project-related utilities costs.