Dartmouth Travel Assistance Program (DTAP)
To assist Dartmouth travelers in coping with the risks of travel, Dartmouth has partnered with International SOS to provide travel, medical, and security assistance.
Important considerations or services associated with the program are:
- Eligible individuals are Dartmouth students, faculty, staff, volunteers, chaperones, and alumni while on Dartmouth business and dependents while traveling with a covered employee.
- Pre-trip information and consultation on travel health and security issues
- Medical, dental, and counseling referrals
- Emergency and routine medical advice
- Medical monitoring/case management – fee charged to traveler
- Dispatch of medication and medical supplies – fee charged to traveler
- Guarantee of payment to medical providers – fee charged to traveler
NOTE: Direct payment to providers can avoid ISOS fees (minimum charge is $195.00)
- Emergency personal cash advances – fee charged to traveler
- Emergency evacuation and security support
- Medically supervised repatriation
- ISOS is not a health insurance provider – charges incurred by traveler are traveler's responsibility and will need to be submitted to traveler's health insurer for reimbursement.
- Travel Restrictions: Restrictions apply to travel to Haiti, Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq, North Korea, and Cuba. Contact RICS or call 603-646-2442 regarding any travel to the noted countries.
- Dartmouth community members are eligible for discounted personal travel coverage by visiting ISOS membership or calling 1-800-523-8662.
This summary of the Dartmouth Travel Assistance Program does not constitute a promise of benefits. Please refer to ISOS for a complete description of terms, conditions, limitations, and charges.
Dartmouth employees insured through Dartmouth's Cigna plan are covered under Cigna's Medical Benefits Abroad plan (Cigna MBA). See Cigna International Coverage link below.