Stay Connected with Wellness at Dartmouth - like us on Facebook!
Wellness at Dartmouth recently launched a Facebook page to help connect our community to events, programs, resources, healthy tips, recipes, and more! Please note, even if you don't have a Facebook page, you can still view our page and see our postings.
Resources at Dartmouth
Metrics and Tools
It isn't easy to quit tobacco—but it is possible!
There are many resources to help you quit tobacco including prescription medications, over the counter therapies, in-person coaching, telephonic coaching, online programs and multi-week programs. See below for more information on some of these resources.
Medications: NO copay for Tobacco Cessation Aids
- Employees and their covered family members on any of the Dartmouth-sponsored health plans can receive prescription medications without a copay with the CVS Caremark pharmacy coverage. These include the generic versions of Zyban and Chantix.
- Over-the-counter generic nicotine replacement therapies, such as the patch, gum, and lozenge, are also available without a copay (with a prescription).
In-Person Coaching & Workshops:
- Participate in the Quit Today telephonic program offered by Cigna at no cost to you! Receive individual coaching, a free toolkit which includes a workbook, a relaxation/meditation CD, and free nicotine replacement therapy (Patches and gum) for eight to twelve weeks, as appropriate.
- Cigna Members (employees and covered family members): 1-877-459-6150 and ask to speak to the Personal Health Team
- Benefits Eligible Employees who waived medical coverage: 1-855-561-3808 and ask to speak with CareAllies Personal Health Team
- Each state offers free telephonic counseling to help you quit smoking or chewing tobacco. Available to anyone.
- NH Tobacco Helpline: 1-800-879-8678
- VT Quit Network: 1-800-937-7848
- The National Helpline: 1-800-784-8669
- The National Cancer Institute: 1-877-44U-QUIT (1-877-448-7848)
- There are a variety of online programs and apps to assist with tobacco cessation, including a free six-week Living Tobacco Free program offered by Cigna.
- Cigna Members (employees and covered family members): Visit www.mycigna.com, log in, click on Manage My Health and then click on Quit Today
Additional Programs & Resources: