X-Country Ski Passes on sale now!
It's never too early to plan for this winter. Soon the snow will be falling, so buy your XC Ski Passes and save some money. Download an application here and send it in soon.
For more information about all the things Outdoor Programs Office does, click here.
SIGN UP - Women's Self-Defense Begins 11/18
There's still time to sign up for this upcoming women's self-defense course! The first session will be held at Thayer on November 18th from 4:00 -- 8:00 PM. There will be three more 3-hour sessions held weekly thereafter; commitment to all sessions is a must. Schedule and details can be viewed here. Cost for Dartmouth employees is $20. Send your questions and/or register by emailing Cassandra.L.Holbrook@Dartmouth.edu.
Interested in Weight Watchers at Work?
A new 17-week series began in October. Meets Thursdays at 12 PM. Email Barbara Belloir (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you're interested in joining.
Like us on Facebook to connect to events, programs, resources and more!
Seniors and Grandparents
Boomers Links—especially for those 55+
Learn about visiting lecturers, retirement information sessions, and a resource center designed just for you!
ILEAD -- Institute for Lifelong Learning at Dartmouth
For more than two decades, the Institute for Lifelong Education at Dartmouth (pronounced like Homer's epic about the journey home) have sponsored self-administered, peer-taught discussion programs for more than 26,000 participants.
Duke University Personal Assistance Services
Some of the challenges of retiring: When the Clock Strikes 50.
CUPA-HR Northern New England Chapter Fall Conference
November 5th, 2012
CUPA-HR's Northern New England Chapter invites you to a full day of informative and timely sessions related to the theme of Retirement. Our keynote address on succession planning will be presented by Mark Coldren, associate vice president of human resources at Ithaca College. Mark your calendar for this full-day conference at Lake Morey Resort in Fairlee, Vermont.
A full agenda and registration information will be sent in late September. For more information, contact Lisa Yaeger at email@example.com.
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Aging Resource Center
46 Centerra Parkway, 2nd Floor, Lebanon, NH - Open Monday through Friday, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Find FREE programs and services, such as:
- Community Classes and Events
- Advanced Care Planning
- A comfortable and restful space in which to read, browse the internet, and view an exhibit of art by local senior artists
- A lending library of books and DVDs, as well as many free materials
- On-site professionals from the New Hampshire Alzheimer's Association and the Parkinson's Center
- Support groups
- Alzheimer's Association workshops
- Howsyourhealth.org - an online health assessment tool and information source for assistance in health care decision making
- Advance Directives - We have Vermont and New Hampshire forms and can answer your questions. Please call ahead at (603) 653-3460 if you need assistance, or stop by to pick up the forms during our regular hours.
- Information about prevention and treatment of common health conditions of older adults
- Videos of our past educational events featuring health and wellness topics on aging
- Use the Administration on Aging's off-site resources to connect to important federal, state, and local programs. Find out about Medicare, senior programs, and support agencies.
- The American Geriatrics Society Foundation offers up-to-date information on how the aging process affects health.
- Medicare's official site provides information on Medicare eligibility, Medicare health plans, the Medicare drug benefit, Medigap insurance plans, and obtaining or replacing a Medicare card. The full text of Medicare pamphlets is also provided online, as are links to information about state benefits.
- Senior Citizens' Resources offers many links to services and programs for seniors, whether government sponsored or not. Information about health and housing, about finances and taxes, about consumer protection measures, and about end-of-life issues—all that and more is available.
- The Geriatric Mental Health Foundation promotes strategies to age happily and healthily. It also addresses disorders that affect the mental health of seniors and ways to combat the stigma that can be associated with those disorders.
- NIH SeniorHealth adapted its website to make it easily accessible—and easily comprehended—by a variety of users. Font size and contrast can be adjusted for optimal viewing, and a spoken language feature offers information for those who prefer to listen. Lots of visuals, short videos, and links to MedlinePlus for make it even easier to use.