Skiway Early-Season Pass Sale
Dartmouth Skiway Early-Season Pass Sale is underway! Prices change on September 30. All passes should be ordered online at www.dartmouthskiway.com. Click here for more information.
Stay Connected with Wellness at Dartmouth - like us on Facebook!
Wellness at Dartmouth recently launched a Facebook page to help connect our community to events, programs, resources, healthy tips, recipes, and more! Please note, even if you don't have a Facebook page, you can still view our page and see our postings.
Find care for your child.
Read about the Dartmouth Child Care Project and Center for Child Care.
Child Care Project at Dartmouth College
Child Care Project at Dartmouth College offers resources and referrals so that parents can select the best childcare for their child. Its services are supported by Dartmouth, by other Upper Valley employers, and by the United Way.
Dartmouth College Child Care Center
Providing a warm, stimulating, safe daytime childcare environment for the children of Dartmouth personnel is the mission of the Dartmouth College Child Care Center. The Center is located on Reservoir Rd., in Hanover, opposite the Ray Elementary School.
Child Care Subsidy Program
For eligible families, state funds can substantially reduce the cost of child care. To find out more, call one of the organizations below.
- Vermont: The Family Place in Norwich at (802) 649-3268 or (800) 639-0039
- New Hampshire: Department of Health & Human Services in Claremont at (603) 542-9544 or (800) 982-1001.
- The Child & Family WebGuide carefully screens website links before listing them for parents. Blogs, commercial sites, and sites that offer scanty or unsupported information are excluded through a rigorous and systematic process.
- You might not expect to find suggestions about fun family activities from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, but the site provides quizzes, games, podcasts, and widgets along with a wealth of reliable information about wellness.
- America's First Lady launched Let's Move. Nutritional information, hints about incorporating activity into kids' daily routines, and other suggestions about wellness and obesity prevention can be found here, along with tips for getting schools and other organizations to make their menus healthier. Not only can you set activity goals for your family and log your progress, but you can find local families interested in the same activities so that you can socialize as you exercise!
- Super Kids Nutrition offers sound nutrition advice to parents, including ideas for planning snacks and meals and straightforward articles. The kids' site provides downloadable activities for the youngsters, as well as basic information about eating healthily and keeping active.
- Nourish Healthy Kids gives gamers a chance to learn about nutrition through online games in its kids' section. Articles about healthy eating, setting realistic goals, and cooking are offered in the parents' and educators' sections.
- The US Department of Health and Social Services created We Can! as a one-stop website. Information about achieving and maintaining a healthy weight, about modifying recipes to cut calories, about activities to keep the whole family active—you can find all that and more here.