Home >

Reporting maintenance needs in College-owned undergraduate housing facilities

Non-emergency Maintenance

Students living in undergraduate housing that is maintained by Residential Operations can report all general maintenance needs by sending an email or calling 603-646-1203 during regular business hours (8am - 4:30pm, M-F). 

Examples of non-emergency maintenance issues that don't require immediate attention but may not be able to wait for the next business day: only light in room out, no water, missing or broken window shade, banging pipes keeping you awake, broken door lock.

Examples of non-emergency maintenance issues that can wait until the next business day: light out in room but there are other lights working, light in room flickering; you have heat, but would like the temperature in your room checked for either too hot or too cold; areas of your building not being cleaned properly, etc.

Emergencies or Immediate Maintenance Needs

For emergencies or maintenance needs that cannot wait until the next business day, call

  • College Troubleshooters at 603-646-2344 during evenings and on weekends (Friday at 4:30pm to Monday at 7:30am). 
  • Call Safety and Security at 603-646-4000 if you cannot reach the Troubleshooters.

Examples of maintenance emergencies needing immediate attention: toilet overflowing, radiator leaking, or water flowing anywhere that it should not, no heat, the smoke detector in your room going off for no apparent reason, no power in your room, no hot water, shattered windows.