Women in Science Project
You can get a mentor who is a professional scientist or engineer in industry or government through MentorNet. Apply online at MentorNet.net at anytime during the year. Open to Dartmouth men and women undergraduates, graduates, post docs and junior faculty.
6243 Parker House, 2nd floor
(Located in a two-story white frame house)
Phone: (603) 646-3690
News & Events Archive: October 2009
- October 1, 2009: Dartmouth Women Attend Grace Hopper Conference for Women in Computing — During the week of September 27th, 2009, the Dartmouth Computer Science Department sent five undergraduate and graduate women to the Grace Hopper Conference for Women in Computing. More than 1,600 women who study or work in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Information Technology attended the conference. Linden Vongsathorn '10 tells us more. Dartmouth Women at Grace Hopper Conference.
- October 7, 2009: First- and Second-Year Research Internship Program Information Session — WISP held an informational session on its First and Second Year Research Internship Program, in Filene Auditorium. Program eligibility and expectations, the application process, and other details were discussed.
- October 15 & 16, 2009: Peer Mentor Training — New and returning mentors attended one of two training sessions for the Peer Mentor Program (PMP) in the 1930 Room on October 15 and Collis 101 on October 16. They gathered for lunch and discussed the role of being a peer mentor.
- October 15, 2009: Cookies with CS Students — Dartmouth Computer Science students, Kate Schippering '09, Linden Vongsathorn '09, Rebecca Shapiro GR, and Sara "Scout" Sinclair GR, who attended the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing hosted a panel discussion with interested students, over cookies in Sudikoff 104, about their experiences in science and their experience at the conference.
- October 20, 2009: Peer Mentor Program Kickoff — In the evening, in Occom Commons, peer mentors and mentees had the opportunity to get acquainted at the always-exciting annual PMP Kickoff event.