|Common App Section
Email address, phone number, mailing address
Religion, military service, race/ethnicity (all optional)
Birthplace, countries lived in, language proficiency, citizenship
Parent marital status, parent(s) with whom you reside
Parent and/or Guardian
Name, birthplace, occupation, education, stepparent information
Age, grade, education
Current school, dates attended; counselor name, phone, and email
Previous schools, dates attended, past/pending education interruptions (e.g. time off, early graduation, gap year, etc.), college courses, college assistance programs
GPA, class rank, current year courses, honors and awards
ACT and SAT
English for Non-Native Speakers
TOEFL, IELTS, PTE Academic
AP, IB, SAT Subject Tests, A-Levels
Optional reporting for other relevant 9-12 testing
Years of participation, hours per week, weeks per year, position/leadership held (50 characters), brief description (150 characters), 10 activities maximum
||Select One, 650 Words Maximum
- Some students have a background or story that is so central to their identity that they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
- Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what lessons did you learn?
- Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? Would you make the same decision again?
- Describe a place or environment where you are perfectly content. What do you do or experience there and why is it meaningful to you?
- Discuss an accomplishment or event, formal or informal, that marked your transition from childhood to adulthood within your culture, community, or family.
Explanations regarding school discipline1, criminal history2, education interruption, veteran discharge status
Relevant circumstances or qualifications not reflected elsewhere in the application
|My Colleges - Dartmouth Specific
Entry term, degree status, housing preference, test-optional preference, scholarship and financial aid preference
Activities of interest
Interactions with the institution (campus visit, off-campus interview, etc.)
Family members who have attended or been employed by the institution
||FERPA Release Authorization
Assign classroom teachers, peer, other recommenders
||Additional short answer response
Research Abstract Upload (Optional)
Resume Upload (Optional)