Travel awards of up to $500 for students to attend a national meeting or conference with a faculty advisor and present a paper or poster. The presented research must be in the physical sciences, mathematics, computing science, or engineering.
* Major in one of the following disciplines: a) physical sciences such as physics, chemistry, astronomy, and earth sciences, b) mathematics, c) computer science, and d) engineering.
* Prior presentation of the paper or poster at an on-campus conference, symposium, workshop, seminar or similar academic program.
* Support of a faculty advisor who will accompany the student to the national meeting.
* National meeting or conference must take place while the student is still an undergraduate. The exception to this is for seniors who are continuing on to graduate school in the sciences. In that case, the meeting or conference can take place after graduation from Dartmouth.
* Application form (2 pages): this fillable PDF form must be downloaded and completed in Adobe Reader or Acrobat NOT with Preview.
* Letter of recommendation from faculty research advisor
* Transcript: request an unofficial transcript from bannerstudent
* All application materials should be submitted to Undergraduate Advising and Research, HB 6201, 101 Parker House.
The Experimental Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (EPSCoR) was established by the National Science Foundation in 1979 and has since been adopted by several other funding agencies. EPSCoR status is awarded to states that historically have received lower levels of federal research funding with the objective of increasing a state's research competitiveness. New Hampshire's EPSCoR (www.epscor.unh.edu) is administered by the Office for Research Partnerships and Commercialization at UNH and a 14-member statewide committee composed of representatives from business, government and academia.
Last Updated: 5/3/13