Office of the Registrar
Office of the Registrar
6014 McNutt Hall
Hanover, NH 03755-3541
Phone: (603) 646-2246
Fax: (603) 646-2247
Winter 2016 Term Calendar - Tentative
To view a 2016 yearly calendar for reference purposes, see below or click here.
- January 3-6 Winter term on-line check-in.
- January 4 Winter term classes begin
- January 4-10 First week of schedule adjustment. Permission to add is not necessary unless normally required
- January 7 Deadline to complete check-in without a $50 late registration fee - check-in must be completed by 11:59 p.m.
- January 11 Deadline for winter term prospective graduates in residence to elect or change a major or minor
- January 11-17 Second week of schedule adjustment. All courses require Instructor permission in order to add courses
- January 12 Final day for delayed check-in (with $50 late fee). Any student not checked-in by the end of this day, but still listed with the enrollment pattern letter R (Residence) for the winter term is liable for administrative withdrawal
- January 17 Final day for each undergraduate to establish official and final two-, three-, or four-course load. Any registered student not officially enrolled in at least two courses becomes liable for administrative withdrawal.
- January 18 Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Courses regularly held in the 8-, 9-, 10-, 11-, 12-, and 2-sequences moved to their x-periods. Courses held in the 3A-period moved to the 3B-period on Tuesday, January 20. Laboratory sections meet as scheduled (unless otherwise notified by the instructor)
- January 19 Final day for electing use of the Non-Recording Option (NRO)
- January 25 Enrollment Census
- February 4 Mid-term grade reports due for specified undergraduates
- February 5 Course Timetable available for the spring term
- February 9 Spring term housing applications due
- February 10-18 Spring term course election period
- February 11-14 Carnival holiday (Classes moved to x-periods)
- February 15 Date for submission of degree applications by prospective winter and spring graduates
- February 15 Final day for students to change their enrollment pattern for spring term from an R (for Residence) without incurring a charge of one hundred dollars ($100) and to be eligible for on-time college housing assignment
- February 15 Final day for dropping a fourth course without a grade notation of "W." (Acknowledgment of instructor required. If dropping a fourth course after this date, one of four eligibilities for a fourth course without extra tuition is exhausted by such action.)
- February 18 Final day of spring term course election period
- February 19 Interim housing applications due for the break between winter and spring 2016
- February 23 Final day to withdraw from a course; any later request to withdraw from a course requires petition to a special committee. One of four eligibilities for a fourth course without extra tuition is exhausted by such action after February 15.)
- February 26-March 10 Spring term course change period
- March 1 Final day to alter grade limit filed under the Non-Recording Option (NRO)
- March 1 Last day in term for holding a major test or examination
- March 8 Winter term classes end at 5:20 p.m., start of Pre-Examination Break
- March 9-10 Pre-Examination Break
- March 10 Final day, prior to the start of spring term classes, for making changes in spring term course elections
- March 11 Final examinations begin
- March 15 Scheduled Final examinations end
- March 16 Final examination period ends
Click calendar to enlarge
The information contained herein is accurate as of the date of publication and the officers of the College know of no significant changes to be made in the near future. However, Dartmouth College reserves the right to make such changes as the Trustees, faculty, and officers consider appropriate and in the best interests of the Dartmouth community.