Office of the Registrar
Office of the Registrar
6014 McNutt Hall
Hanover, NH 03755-3541
Phone: (603) 646-2246
Fax: (603) 646-2247
Fall 2014 Term Calendar
Please note that Thanksgiving falls late in the calendar this year, therefore the fall term begins the third Monday in September rather than the second Monday in September.
To view a 2014 yearly calendar for reference purposes, see below or click here.
- September 14-17 Fall term on-line check-in. Wednesday, September 17 at 11:59 p.m. is the deadline to complete check-in without a $50 late registration fee
- September 15 Convocation 3:15 p.m.
- September 15 Fall term classes begin
- September 15-21 First week of schedule adjustment. Permission to add courses is not necessary unless normally required
- September 22 Deadline for prospective fall term graduates in residence to elect or change a major or minor
- September 22-28 Second week of schedule adjustment. All courses require Instructor permission to add
- September 23 Final day for delayed check-in (with $50 late fee). Any student not checked in by the end of this day, but still listed with the enrollment patter letter R (residence) for the fall term is liable for administrative withdrawal.
- September 28 Final day for each undergraduate to establish official and final two-, three-, or four-course load. Any registered student not officially enrolled in at least two courses becomes liable for administrative withdrawal.
- September 29 Final day for electing use of the Non-Recording Option (NRO)
- September 29 - Deadline to file completed transfer term applications for winter term 2015 and spring term 2015
- October 15 Enrollment Census
- October 17-18 Homecoming Weekend
- October 21 Mid-term grade reports due for specified undergraduates
- October 21 Final day for students to change their enrollment pattern for winter term from an R (for Residence) without incurring a charge of one hundred dollars ($100) and to be eligible for on-time college housing assignment
- October 21 Winter term housing applications due
- October 21 Date for submission of degree applications by prospective fall term graduates
- October 21 Course Timetable available for the winter term
- October 23 Final day for dropping a fourth course without a grade notation of "W" (Acknowledgment of instructor required. If withdrawing from a fourth course after this date, one of four eligibilities for a fourth course without extra tuition is exhausted by such action)
- October 24 Interim housing applications due for the break between fall 2014 and winter 2015
- Homecoming Weekend (TBA)
- October 27-November 4 Winter term course election period
- November 4 Final day to withdraw from a course; any later request to withdraw from a course requires petition to a special committee. (One of four eligibilities for a fourth course without extra tuition is exhausted by such action after October 23)
- November 5 Final day to alter grade limit filed under the Non-Recording Option (NRO)
- November 11 Last day in term for holding a major quiz or an hour examination
- November 13-20 Winter term course change period
- November 18 Fall term classes end; start of Pre-Examination Break
- November 19-20 Pre-Examination Break
- November 21 Final examinations begin
- November 22 Final examinations suspended
- November 25 Scheduled Final examinations end
- November 26 Final examination period ends
- December 12 Grades and medians available on the web
Click calendar to enlarge
The information contained herein is accurate as of the date of publication and the officers of the College know of no significant changes to be made in the near future. However, Dartmouth College reserves the right to make such changes as the Trustees, faculty, and officers consider appropriate and in the best interests of the Dartmouth community.