Fall 2013 Term Calendar
To view a 2013 yearly calendar for reference purposes, see below or click here.
Click here to learn how to subscribe to the Undergraduate Academic Calendar from the Dartmouth Events Calendar.
Please note that Thanksgiving falls late in the calendar this year, therefore the fall term begins the third Monday in September rather than the second Monday in September.
- September 15-18 Fall term on-line check-in. Wednesday, September 18 at 11:59 p.m. is the deadline to complete check-in without a $50 late registration fee.
- September 16 Fall term classes begin
- September 16-22 First week of schedule adjustment. Permission to add courses is not necessary unless normally required
- September 20 Convocation and Inauguration, 3:00 p.m.
- September 22 Deadline for prospective fall term graduates in residence to elect or change a major or minor
- September 23-29 Second week of schedule adjustment. All courses require Instructor permission to add
- September 24 Final day for delayed check-in (with $50 late fee). Any student not checked in by the end of this day, but still listed with the enrollment patter letter R (residence) for the fall term is liable for administrative withdrawal.
- September 29 Final day for each undergraduate to establish official and final two-, three-, or four-course load. Any registered student not officially enrolled in at least two courses becomes liable for administrative withdrawal. If dropping a fourth course after this date, one of three eligibilities for a fourth course without extra tuition is exhausted by such action
- September 30 Final day for electing use of the Non-Recording Option (NRO)
- September 30 Deadline to file completed transfer term applications for winter term 2014 and spring term 2014
- October 12-13 Homecoming Weekend
- October 15 Enrollment Census
- October 22 Mid-term grade reports due for specified undergraduates
- October 22 Final day for students to change their enrollment pattern for winter term from an R (for Residence) without incurring a charge of one hundred dollars ($100) and to be eligible for on-time college housing assignment
- October 22 Winter term housing applications due
- October 22 Date for submission of degree applications by prospective fall term graduates
- October 22 Course Timetable available for the winter term
- October 24 Final day for dropping a fourth course without a grade notation of "W" ends at 4:00 p.m. (Acknowledgment of instructor required. One of three eligibilities for a fourth course without extra tuition is exhausted by such action after September 24.)
- October 25 Interim housing applications due for the break between fall 2013 and winter 2014
- October 28-November 5 Winter term course election period
- November 5 Final day to withdraw from a course ends at 4:00 p.m. Any later request to withdraw from a course requires petition to a special committee.
- November 6 Final day to alter grade limit filed under the Non-Recording Option (NRO)
- November 12 Last day in term for holding a major quiz or an hour examination
- November 13-21 Winter term course change period
- November 19 Fall term classes end; start of Pre-Examination Break
- November 20-21 Pre-Examination Break
- November 22 Final examinations begin
- November 23 Final examinations suspended
- November 26 Scheduled Final examinations end
- November 27 Final examination period ends
- December 13 Grade reports available on the web
Click calendar to enlarge