Carol L. Folt
Departments and Programs
- Dean of Faculty
- Biological Sciences
Office: 6004 Parkhurst Hall, Suite 204
B.A. University of California at Santa Barbara; M.A. University of California at Santa Barbara; Ph.D. University of California at Davis
Areas of Expertise
Environmental science and limnology; metal fate and transport; toxico-genomics; salmon conservation
- Ward, D M, K H Nislow, and C L Folt, "Increased Population Density and Suppressed Prey Biomass: Relative Impacts on Juvenile Atlantic Salmon Growth, Transactions of the American Fisheries Society, 138:1 (2009) 135-143.
- Chen, C Y, P C Pickhardt, M Q Xum, and C L Folt, "Mercury and Arsenic Bioaccumulation and Eutrophication in Baiyangdian Lake," Water, Air & Soil Pollution, 190:1-4 (2008) 115-127.
- Kennedy B P, K H Nislow, and C L Folt, "Linking Consumption Rates to Habitat, Growth and Survival of Juvenile Atlantic Salmon," Ecology, 89:9 (2008) 2529-2541.
- Ward, D M, K H Nislow, and C L Folt, "Do Native Species Limit Survival of Reintroduced Altantic Salmon in Historic Rearing Streams?" Biological Conservation, 141:1 (2008) 146-152.
- Karimi, R, C Y Chen, N S Fisher, P C Pickhardt, and C L Folt, "Stoichiometric Controls of Mercury Dilution by Growth," Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 104:18 (2007) 7477-7482.
- Shaw, J R, J K Colbourne, J C Davey, S P Glaholt, T H Hampton, C Y Chen, C L Folt, and J W Hamilton, "Gene Response Profiles for Daphnia pulex Exposed to the Environmental Stressor Cadmium Reveals Novel Crustacean Metallothioneins," BMC Genomics, 8:477 (2007).
Accumulation and biomagnification of metals; genomic responses to metal toxicity; restoration of Atlantic salmon
Previous Provosts of Dartmouth
- Donald H. Morrison (Professor of Government), 1955-59
- John Masland (Professor of Government), 1959-67
- Louis Morton (Professor of History), 1971-72
- Leonard M. Rieser (Professor of Physics), 1967-71 and 1972-82
- Agnar Pytte (Professor of Physics), 1982-87
- John W. Strohbhen (Professor of Engineering), 1987-93
- P. Bruce Pipes (Professor of Physics), 1993-94
- Lee C. Bollinger (Professor of Government), 1994-96
- James E. Wright (Professor of History), 1997-98
- Constance E. Brinckerhoff (Professor of Medicine & Biochemistry), 1998-99
- Susan Westerberg Prager (Professor of Law ), 1999-2001
- Barry P. Scherr (Professor of Russian), 2001-2009