Skip to main content

H-1B Employment Transfer to a New Employer

The H-1B petition is employer and position specific. If you change employers, your new employer must file a new H-1B petition before you begin your new employment.

If you are presently in H-1B status, and are applying to transfer that status to a new employer, you may then begin employment with the new employer upon the filing of the new H-1B petition with the INS.

Last Updated: 1/20/15